Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2000, 08:30 AM
web

Default luggage tags

Hi folks, please help settle a question for me & my husband. Our tickets & luggage tags came yesterday. They're sea green. I think they're green 'cause we're saling on the Ocean Princess & that other Princess ships have different color tags- (ie coral for the Dawn, Yellow for the Sun, blue for the Sea). My husband thinks they're green 'cause we'll probably be on the Dolphin deck-or perhaps because we don't have a cabin assignment yet & that different colors mean different decks. I do remember that when we sailed on the Mercury the
deck number was like a watermark on the tag . . .any ideas?

thanks, web
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2000, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: luggage tags

Hi Web,
The different colors could mean a lot of things. I personally think they change the colors from the previous cruise as not to mix up the outgoing luggage and the incoming ones?? Just a guess, but I also thought that for a certain sailing, all the tags were the same color and you have to put your cabin # , Name etc on them.

Since you don't know what cabin you will be in yet, keep in contact with your travel agent. The agent may get a cabin number before you cruise and you can completely fill out the luggage tags. Only put the tags on the luggage that you will be checking in at the airport.

Was on Ocean Princess earlier this year and absolutely loved the ship, I'm sure you will too, enjoy!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 20th, 2000, 05:35 PM
Carole Dunham

Different categories get different luggage tag colors, always different on different ships. Very confusing to us, but that way someone can look at an orange luggage tag and know that it goes on a certain deck.

Carole
Old October 20th, 2000, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Hi Carole,
Thanks for clearing the luggage tag question up. Do they use the same colors week after week? It is confusing to say the least.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 21st, 2000, 09:49 PM
Admiral

web,

Princess color-codes luggage tags by vessel. That way, the bags are readily distinguishable when two of the line's ships turn around in the same port on the same day.

Norm.
Old October 21st, 2000, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Carole,

That's not true on Princess. The tags for embarkation are color-coded solely by vessel. I have travelled with friends whose cabins were on different decks, and our tags were the same.

Norm.
Old October 22nd, 2000, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Hi Norm,
Thanks for clearing this luggage tag problem up, thats what I thought. So, each ship in the same port just has a different color, but not different colors per cabin
catagory. I noticed on our Ocean Princess, all the tags coming in were the same color. We can always count on you Norm to know the answers :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old October 22nd, 2000, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Donna,

On Princess, you also will get the same color of embarkation tags if you sail again on the same vessel.

I don't know all the answers, but my "investment research" has turned up a few!

Norm.
Old November 2nd, 2000, 09:04 AM
JMG

I do not mean to argue BUT in February we cruised the Dawn. We did our own and had to make our own arrangments for Wyndham OSJ because the Princess allocation was filled. The next morning all of the "Princess people" put their luggage outside their door for pick up and I did notice that their luggage tags were a different color than the tags that Princess issued to us. I am 100% positive about that observation because when I saw that luggage in the hall I thought "gee, we could put ours out too and no one would know the difference". THEN I noticed the tag color and realized that perhaps they would notice! (Actually we prefer to take my luggage to pier myself because then we know without a doubt that luggage arrived at pier.)

Princess offers the choice of 3 hotels in San Juan. My guess is that to differentiate between those pre cruise hotels - that different color tags are given to the passengers based on hotel package. In this case, the hotel is their first "princess destination". Everyone else gets a color tag that indicates the ship is the first official Princess destination.