Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2000, 04:42 PM
Frank

Default help

I went on a cruise15 years ago. I am now thinking about one for my "second honeymoon" this summer. I am a young 61 year old. I want to go on a "nice " cruise on a "nice" ship (probably a big ship) with a "nice" price. I have looked at a few books(Princess, Norweigen, Royal Carb.) and not sure which one to choose.I have certainly enjoyed reading comments on this site. Where is a good place to get prices for a cruise on line? Any help??
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2000, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: help

Hi Frank,
Once you narrow your search down go and post on the bargain finder. Just type in all the information on the ship, date, etc. that you're interested in and travel agents will e-mail you their best price. Its really simple and easy. Congrats on the 2nd honeymoon, great way to celebrate it :-)

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 7th, 2000, 09:51 PM
First Mate

I was a little leery at first, but figured we had nothing to loose by trying Bargain Finder. It worked for me! Saved a LOT over the best our local TA could do, and have had two price reductions since booking.
As Donna says, do your research before posting - the more specific you are about what you want, the better. Good luck.
Old November 7th, 2000, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks Bumblebee,
Glad it worked out well for you, its just so easy and painless. Glad you saved some money and did your homework. Happy cruising :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 10th, 2000, 01:32 AM
Carole Dunham

Hi Frank,

I'm a 61 year old too with a preference for nicer ships. The three upscale but mainstream cruiselines I'd suggest looking into would be Celebrity, Holland America and Princess. The smallest ships we're talking about are in the 50,000 to 61,000 ton range for Holland America, sorry I don't know the low end of Celebrity ships, but they have two at 77.000 tons, and one at 91,000 tons and Princess whose ships range in size from a tiny 20,000 to a mega 109,000 tons. If you can afford it, have your travel agent give Crystal a look. Very often you can get some nice bargains on the line and it is very upscale and according to reviews all over the internet, an absolutely delightful cruise experience.

Carole