Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2000, 08:44 AM
Taylor

Default Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Shore Excursions

I just received a list of shore excursions (with no desciptions) for this cruise, which stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2000, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Default RE: Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Shore Excursi

Are you within 60 days of your departure date? Princess.com should be able to provide you with details of shore excursions available to you so that you can book on line if you wish. You will need your "booking ID #" which should be on your confirmation information from your TA. If you don't have it be sure to contact your agent. Should you have any tours that you are very interested in; i.e. America's Cup Race in St. Martin, Catamaran w/ snorkeling to St. John's, just let me know and maybe I will be able to fill you in.
Bon Voyage
Old November 21st, 2000, 04:26 PM
First Mate

Hi,
I'm going 12/3 and have signed up for the America's Cup Regatta.
I know people who have taken it in the past and they said it was really
great. I'm going to wing the rest of the days and take my chances.

Paul
Old November 21st, 2000, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Paul,
Very smart choice, everyone always raves about the America's cup regatta, you should enjoy. You may also want to catch the Ferry in Red Hook and take it over to St. Johns when you are in St. Thomas. The island is just picture postcard beautiful and if you are into snorkeling, go to Trunk Bay. Once you get off the ferry in St. Johns there are cabs to take you out the the beaches, very easy to do on your own, enjoy.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 22nd, 2000, 12:35 AM
First Mate

Unfortunately there are no descriptions of the excursions on the booking page. These are contained in the Adventures Ashore booklet, which it sounds like Taylor has not received.
Old November 22nd, 2000, 11:57 PM
Admiral

Taylor,

About two months before departure, you should receive a packet from your travel agent that contains the following:

>> Princess's "Cruise Answerbook,"

>> A copy of the Princess Cruises passage contract,

>> A booklet called "How to Make Great Vacation Pictures" that's published jointly by Princess Cruises and Nikin,

>> A booklet about Princess's "Love Boat Care" and "Love Boat Care Gold" travel insurance plans,

>> An "Adventures Ashore" booklet describing the shore excursions for your cruise (which may also cover some other itineraries),

>> A shore excursion order form,

>> A passenger information form (two pages) requesting immigration, emergency contact, and cruise history information,

>> A card containing information on how to contact you aboard ship, and

>> A couple advertising circulars for rental of formalwear and the art auctions aboard ship.

If you have not received this packet and you are within 60 days of sailing, have your travel agent call Princess to inquire about it. You should complete the information forms right away and deliver them to your travel agent for submission to Princess or, alternatively, if you are a repeat passenger, submit the same information via the "Captain's Circle" section of the Princess Cruises web site (http://www.princess.com). You may also order shore excursions either by returning the order form to your travel agent or via the "Captain's Circle" section of the Princess Cruises web site.

Regarding your question about shore excursions, I have no recommendation at all regarding Sint Maarten as I have not yet been there. On St. Thomas, the "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" is a real class act -- and definitely worth every penny of its $96 price tag. The catamaran will pick you up at the cruise ship pier and set sail for a prime secluded beach on St. John. Once there, the crew anchors the catamaran and lowers a set of bow stairs into the water to provide easy entry and exit for swimming and snorkeling. The crew of the catamaran also provides free snorkel lessons and snorkel gear for your use, as there's a reef for snorkeling right near the beach area. While at anchor, they serve a buffet lunch aboard the catamaran. They sail back to the cruise ship pier to arrive around midafternoon -- which allows a couple hours for those who "must" shop in Chalotte Amilie or, alternatively you can return to the ship in time for afternoon tea.. Beverages aboard the catamaran include champagne, rum punch, beer, and sodas, and juices -- and, having taken this excursion twice, I have never seen any beverage come close to running out. I had so much fun the first time that I did this expedition again on my most recent cruise, and will do it yet again when I next return to St. John!

Do have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old November 23rd, 2000, 03:52 PM
Carole Dunham

America's Cup Regatta is great if you're physically fit. I'm just a little bit disabled, I can walk normally but my dancing days are definitely over. The America's Cup Regatta was absolute hell for me. I got off the boat bleeding from the bashing around I'd gotten. So if you're fit and not subject to motion sickness, enjoy! If not, beware.

Carole
Old November 26th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Taylor

Thanks for all the responses!