Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2000, 08:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cancelling Prebooked Shore Excursions

We have purchased shore excursions in advance. The brochure states that cancellations can be made if "notice of the cancellation is given before the closing date indicated on the booking form" which in my case in Nov. 20. The brochure then goes on to say that closing times for excursions will be posted on board. Which is it? Can you cancel once you prebook an excursion and it so how?

Thanks,

Deb
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2000, 02:23 PM
SmithF

Default RE: Cancelling Prebooked Shore Excursions

We will be travelling on the Sun Princess in about a month, and have also booked excursions in advance. If you want to cancel, try logging on to your booking via princess.com and when connected to the Shore Excursions database, simply enter "0" in the quantities and it should cancel you out. If that does not work I would contact either Princess or your TA. Hope this helps.

SmithF
Old November 23rd, 2000, 04:49 PM
Carole Dunham

I'd pre-booked shore excursions on Ocean Princess last year. I injured myself shortly after we boarded the ship and was able to cancel all my shore excursions then without any charge whatever. I did my shore excursions by taxi which worked just fine.

Carole
Old November 24th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Deb,

Your ship will pubish the "closing time" for shore excursions in each port of call in the Princess Patter during the cruise. This "closing time" is the deadline for both booking and cancelling shore excursions in each port. The "closing time" generally falls one or two days before the respective port of call, reflecting the advance notice that the ship must have to provide timely final counts to the operators of the shore excursions.

If you decide to cancel a pre-booked shore excursion, you generally will be able to do so after you arrive aboard ship. The only likely exception is if you arrive at the pier relatively late (after 5:00 PM) on embarkation day and you have a port of call on the next day, in which case you might arrive too late to book or to cancel excursions for your first port of call.

Norm.
Old November 26th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Yeoman

Hi:

Just got off the Dawn. We cancelled all but one excursion after the first day. There were no questions asked. It will tell you on your tickets when the last chance for cancelling the trip is. Usually 24hrs in advance
Old November 26th, 2000, 07:53 PM
JohnLauben

Most shore excursions can be cancelled up until the closing time listed in the PRINCESS PATTER. The ONLY exception that I know of is: some cruises (usually the exotics) offer shore excursions which include an overnight hotel stay ... these must be cancelled prior to the time listed in the pre-cruise shore excursion booklet.
Old November 26th, 2000, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Boomer,
So, you're back!! Do tell us how your cruise on Dawn Princess was. Were you able to play with the band? You ready to cruise again?? Sorry about all the questions, just wondering if you addicted, like the rest of us. Look forward to your comments :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 27th, 2000, 10:57 AM
Yeoman

Default RE: I'm back

Hi! Yes...am back. We had a ball. Yes, we are ready to cruise again. We learned an awlful lot from this trip and I am anxious to share what we learned. Once I get back in the groove here at work I will share with all. I need to find out how to post a ship / cruise review so it may take some time. I did not play with the band but I did get hypnotized and I did dance in with the dancers in the show at the he Princess Theater.
Bob
Old November 27th, 2000, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Hi Boomer,
So glad you had a good time and want to go again :-) I kind of thought you would!
Can't wait to hear all about it when you get settled at work, take care.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 28th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Yeoman

Hi:

I did a review and e mailed as required. I received a reply from C-M saying they would review and then post. I will also try to get on line to chat.

Bob
Old November 28th, 2000, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Hey Boomer,
Sounds good, hope to see you in a chat this week :-)

Donnassei/Sealvover