Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2000, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default AMERICAN CUP SAILING?

Hi,

This is for anyone who did the sailing excursion in St. Martin. How much was the excursion and how long does it last? Also, how what time does it leave?

Thanks for any info.

crusingal
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2000, 06:25 PM
carnibleau

Default RE: AMERICAN CUP SAILING?

The "America's Cup" Regatta sailing is about 3 hrs long and it cost around $70, depends on the Cruise lines...I hear it is the best excursion in the Caribbean...I cant wait to try it myself in January!
Old November 29th, 2000, 07:09 PM
Darrell

It is $78 on Princess and leaves at 8:30 and 11:45. It books up fast. I booked this online a few weeks back. I just went to the Princess web site to confirm the price and times above and it is sold out already for the Jan. 7 sailing of the Grand. Caribleau, is this by any chance your sailing. I'm booked for the 8:30 "race" and can't wait either.

I have a phone number in a AAA guide if you want to call St. Maarten yourself. I'll try to find it and get back to you.

39 days 'til a Grand vacation,
Darrell
Old November 29th, 2000, 08:22 PM
Darrell

According to AAA, It is called the St. Maarten's 12 Metre Challenge. The phone number is 5995-20045. Comparing the shore excursion description and the one in AAA guide book, it's the same people.

Darrell
Old November 29th, 2000, 10:57 PM
Carole Dunham

Just a word of warning about America's Cup. I am just slightly disabled and for me it was the excursion from hell. I got off the yacht bleeding from sliding around. We had several people on our boat seasick so the smell didn't add to the ambiance.

Carole
Old December 18th, 2000, 09:50 AM
BillG

Did this excursion when we sailed Nordic Empress and had a wonderful time. Our excursion was at 1 pm but there were earlier ones. We finished about 3:30 or 4. A great time, with a variety of activities to choose from ranging from passive to extremely strenuous. One of the best excursions I have been on.