Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2000, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Regal Princess Japan/N. Pacific

We are going from Osaka Japan through the Aleutian Islands to Anchorage and the Gulf route down to Vancouver on Regal Princess in mid April - 21 days. Has anyone done this itinerary or one similar. Wondering how dressy, and the weather at this time of year. Think layers? Any tips appreciated!

Ruth
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2000, 03:40 AM
First Mate

Default RE: Regal Princess Japan/N. Pacific

I have not done this itinerary, but have done the first Alaska sailing in May and can assure you warm clothing will be necessary. Yes, think layers. You are crossing the North Pacific in April and even on sunny days it will be chilly.
Old December 9th, 2000, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Ruth,

As far as dress is concerned, I would expect that this cruise will follow the standard Princess policy of casual attire during the day and a mix of casual, semiformal, and formal evenings. According to the edition of Princess's "Cruise Answerbook" that I received for my last cruise, the normal breakdown on a 19-day cruise is 8-9 casual evenings, 6-7 semiformal evenings, and 4 formal evenings. Nonetheless, the same cruise answerbook says that there are only 2 formal evenings and 2-3 semiformal evenings on cruises of ten to thirteen days, yet we had three formal evenings on a twelve-day cruise aboard MV Grand Princess last year and again on a ten-day cruise ending a month ago aboard MV Sun Princess. Thus, on a nineteen-day itinerary, I would expect at least four formal nights and have a plan in place in case of a fifth formal night and perhaps even a sixth formal night. The actual number of formal, semiformal, and casual evenings will appear on your cruise ticket.
Old December 10th, 2000, 12:28 PM
JohnLauben

I was on the REGAL PRINCESS recently ... 19 days from Bangkok to Sydney. We had 3 formal nights, 3 semi-formal nights and 13 casual nights.
Old December 10th, 2000, 07:50 PM
Passenger

Hi;
We just finished the reversed intinerary in October of this year. Having cruised many times, we felt this was our most enjoyable cruise. We liiked the many days at sea.
We did expeience about 10 hours of heavy sea.
As the majority of the passengers had cruised many times, the heay sea did not dampen the cruise. But remember we sailes during the early fall while you will be in the spring, therefore I have no experience to share in that area.
The clothes were formal. Remember that there were no one younger than early fifthes, that the ladies wanted to show off their finner things.
Of course we men were in Tux!.
It will be a wonderful trip enjoy
Lynn