Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2000, 12:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grand Princess

I am very close to booking on the Grand Princess. My husband and I have two teenage daughters (15 and 17). Does anyone have a recommendation as to whether this is a good ship or teenagers. Also, any recommendations for hotel accommodations the night before?
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2000, 01:36 AM
Carole Dunham

Default RE: Grand Princess

This is a wonderful ship for teenagers. There are tons of things for them to do. They have their own soft drink bar and disco, plus an area that are filled with all sorts of video arcade and virtual reality games. Plus there are 5 swimming pools on board. There are loads of places to eat so if you want a romantic dinner by yourself you can always opt to eat at Sabatinis while the kids can eat in the dining room. I'd recommend either Amerisuites or Embassy Suites the night before your cruise. Both hotels will transfer you from the air port and to the pier the next morning. If you are lucky enough, your room will overlook Port Everglades and Grand Princess simply dominates the entire environment. I absolutely adore the ship and will be sailing it's twin the Golden Princess. I have another cruise on the Grand one day in the future as well.

Carole
Old December 11th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your response Carole. I have it narrowed down to either the Grand Princess or RCCL Enchantment of the Seas. I believe Princess is absolutely beautiful but it is most important our daughters really enjoy themselves. The RCCL has a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, and a teen club. I appreciate your response. Every bit of information helps. Thanks also for the hotel recommendations.
Old December 11th, 2000, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Laura,
Hope you can decide which ship to cruise on with your teens. BTW, Enchantment of the Seas doesn't have the ice skating rink or rock climbing. For those you'd need to cruise on either Voyager of the Seas or her sister ship,
Explorer of the Seas.

If you're still shopping around, why not give our "bargain finder" a try. Its really easy to use and you'll get back e-mails with prices for that cruise. Good luck and happy cruising.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donnassei
Old December 11th, 2000, 10:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have used "I Need a Cruise" bargain finder. I am working with a couple/few agents who responded. I'm getting close to booking. Can't wait for cruise time!
Old December 11th, 2000, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Laura,

MV Grand Princess is a beautiful ship, and your teenagers will have plenty to do. I'm one of those types who has the sea in his blood, and thus regards the three days at sea as the best part of her Eastern Caribbean itinerary -- not that I don't enjoy the ports of call. Princess does throw a great barbecue and beach party at Princess Cays.

Be sure to book the "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" for your port of call in St. Thomas. It's a delightful day of sailing, swimming, and snorkeling (gear and lessons provided for those who need them) that's definitely worth every cent of the price.

Norm.
Old December 12th, 2000, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Laura,
So glad you were able to find some good ones :-) Be sure to let us all know what you finally book, OK?

Donnassei