CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sea Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/220977-sea-princess.html)

Christine_B December 26th, 2000 06:41 PM

Sea Princess

My 21 yr. old daughter & I will be cruising on the Sea Princess next month. The more message boards I stumble on, the more mixed reviews I'm getting on this
particular ship. Some boards indicate that the majority of the passengers are over retirement age, while others lean toward younger families with small children. I'm worried at this point that my daughter, while no party animal, will get bored. We're really looking forward to sailing & hope some of you former passengers can give me some positive reviews. Thanks!

Donna December 26th, 2000 06:58 PM

RE: Sea Princess

Hi Christine,
I'm sure you and your 21 year old daughter will have a fantastic time on "Sea Princess". Not sure what message you have read, but you will find all ages on these cruises, you shouldn't be bored at all. Of course during the school breaks you will find more families with kids, which I don't mind at all. I did find a members
review from about a year ago that may help you get a feel for the ship:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_princess/seaprincess2.html>

I honestly think you are in for a special treat on "Sea" Princess, the sevice, food, etc. is just great. We were on Ocean Princess earlier this year and that was our first Princess cruise and I'd go on one again in a second. Have a great time and enjoy the time with your daughter :-)

Donnassei

Boomer December 26th, 2000 07:17 PM

Hi:

We werre on the Dawn Princess during Thanksgiving break. There were lots of people under the age of 21. I did not see one of them that was bored. It also seemed to me that during "Caribbean Night" they were dancing to the music just as hard and as fast as the "older" people. I think you will two will have a blast!
Bob

Donna December 26th, 2000 07:21 PM

Thanks Boomer,
I think so too :-)

Donnassei

thulewx December 27th, 2000 07:19 AM

I was on the Ocean Princess in Oct-Nov and it's the sister ship to Sea. I think you'll find a great variety of ages on the ship and little likelihood of boredom. The disco is usually quite busy every night and often, if there aren't a lot of younger people there, the younger staff people (purser's desk, show people, supervisors) will be there and join in, too.

Nanatravel December 27th, 2000 11:57 AM

Although the Sea Princess will not be a "singles" cruise, the age brackets should be varied. I had a group of couples and singles and teens on the 2/25 trip last year and even though there were some singles on board (besides our group), the organized events did not seem to attract them (same with the teens). As mentioned, the Caribbean night got the single guys up dancing as did the pool games. It is up to both of you to participate in activities that are offered which are many. The Entertainment was very good and the karaoke was popular. There is a semi-covered pool in the stern which is much more quiet than the mid-deck pool where the band plays. The gym is a very popular place to meet singles, too. Dining was fine with 24hr. dining in the buffet area available. Embarkation on Princess is the best of any cruise line we have sailed, but Princess does not provide someone to accompany you to your cabin upon embarkation unless you look like you need help! They also have done away with the wine stewards, so if you need help with ordering wine, you will have to seek advise from a waiter. If you ahve anyother particular questions, please email me.

Beckiep December 27th, 2000 08:49 PM

We were on Sea Princess 11/25/00. Ages were definitely mixed. It shouldn't be a problem.

Christine_B December 27th, 2000 09:24 PM

Thanks so much to all of you for responding! I'm twice as excited as I was before about our upcoming vacation! This cruise is really special because it's a college
graduation/21st b'day gift to my daughter, & I really wanted it to be special.

Donna December 27th, 2000 09:31 PM

Hi Christine,
I'm sure this cruise will be special, its what U make of it. Just go and enjoy the whole cruise expierence. Be sure to post back and tell us all about it, OK?

Donnassei

Christine B December 27th, 2000 09:56 PM

Thanks Donna - I'll be sure to let you all know how our trip turns out!

Donna December 27th, 2000 10:00 PM

Thanks Christine,
Looking forward to it, enjoy the ship!

Donnassei

Carole Dunham December 28th, 2000 02:58 PM

Hi Christine,

Princess was the first line my young daughter cruised on many years ago. She is almost (but not quite) as hooiked as I am. She loves the sea, loves the ships and is always delighted to return to Princess. We were on the same Ocean Princess cruise as Donna was last March. And yes, it was wonderful.

Carole