Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2000, 09:18 PM
Beckie

Default Sea Princess Photos

Santa brought a scanner for Christmas. This is a photo of the Atrium Lounge, Sea Princess, 11/25-12/2/00 sailing.

Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2000, 09:21 PM
Beckie

Default RE: Sea Princess Photos

This may give you an idea of a balc. cabin on Caribe deck. I have other pics. Email me and I'll send them.

Old December 27th, 2000, 09:23 PM
Beckie

This was a view from our balc. as we passed San Salvadore Light in the Bahamas at sunrise.

Old December 27th, 2000, 09:25 PM
Beckie

Default Atrium lounge--really. :)

Sorry, the other pic. was the atrium under the grand staircase. THIS is the Atrium lounge.

Old December 27th, 2000, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: Atrium lounge--really. :)

Beckie..
The scanner is working great.. Thanks for the great pics.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old December 27th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Christine_B

Hey Beckie! Thanks for the pics! We also havea cabin on the Caribe deck, but
unfortunately it's an inside cabin. We're hoping to upgrade, but what the heck, I plan on having a ball either way - we probably won't be spending much time in the cabin anyway. Unless, of course I have a problem with sea sickness. It's happened before, but I'm told a patch works wonders.
Old December 27th, 2000, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Christine,

As one who has been out on the North Atlantic in March with waves rolling down a thousand feet of flight deck on a 45,000 ton helicopter carrier, I can tell you that sea sickness is a question of mind over matter. (Here I'll resist the temptation to insert that horrible quip that if you don't mind being sick, then it doesn't matter.) Seriously, the best way to prevent "mal de mer" is simply to make up your mind that you are not going to get sick, then go on about activities that will keep thoughts of being seasick out of your mind. If your mind does start to wander there, just tell yourself that you are not going to get sick and return to whatever else you are doing.

Norm.
Old December 28th, 2000, 02:39 AM
First Mate

I beleve there is a lot of truth to sea sickness as a psychological issue. once you go with the flow you actually may enjoy the motion. Were were right up front below the bridge. My wife was claiming sea sickness first couple days then became determined she wouldnt be. It worked out great and we enjoyed the rest of the cruise laughing sometimes walking the hallways like drunk when we didnt even have any coctails. Happy cruising Rixnsd@aol.com
Old December 28th, 2000, 07:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

My wife is the motion sickness queen, and the patch works just great for her.
Old December 28th, 2000, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are taking the family, so we have two Inside Cabins on the Caribe deck. We are sailing January 27th. With the weather here in Oklahoma, we can hardly wait to get out of here and enjoy some warm sunshine.
You made a comment on seasickness, so let me offer some advice. I know this will sound crazy, but my wife swears it works. She suffers a bit and a nice elderly lady told her about this on one of our cruises. Now my wife swears by it: take a piece of a brown paper bag and place it on your stomach against the skin. Yes, you wear it under your clothes. I know it sounds like a joke, but if you could talk to my wife, you would know it works for her. I disagree with the posting that it is all in the mind. Well, it may be to a certain degree, in that it is caused mainly by the imbalance within the inner ear. We tried the patch on our daughter, and one of the bad side effects was that it caused her vision to blur while she used it. I've also heard that taking ginger tablets help. All things considered, it is worth trying the paper bag.
If you're on the same cruise, you can ask my wife herself.
Counting the days . . . .
Old December 28th, 2000, 04:39 PM
Christine B

Thanks Ken! As it so happens, we will be on the same cruise as you and your family. I'm willing to try anything to prevent getting sick, so I'm taking your advice & stocking up on ginger tablets, & will plan on packing several large brown grocery bags, crazy sounding or not - it's worth a try!
Old December 28th, 2000, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Beckie,
Wow, lucky you getting a scanner from Santa :-) Nice picture BTW, enjoy the camera. Will certainly be nice to take while cruiseing.

Donnassei
Old December 28th, 2000, 04:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I promise you my wife will be wearing a bag. So will our oldest daughter (20). We are bringing our three children. Son - 23, Daughter - 20 and Daughter - 16. The oldest two are in college and the 20 year old is getting married in March, so this is the last chance for us to vacation as a family.

We are counting the days.

Have you been on Princess before. We have only sailed Holland America and Carnival. I'm curious about the size of the Inside Cabins. This will also be a first for us.
Old December 28th, 2000, 05:10 PM
Christine B

Hi again Ken! I will be traveling with my 21 yr. old daughter - combination 21st
b'day & Assoc. degree present - out first "mom-daughter" alone vacation. I'm glad to hear there will be some kids her age aboard! I sailed about 12 years ago with
my husband on a much smaller ship, & that was the extent of my cruise experience. (yes, I got sea-sick the last day). I'm told by my travel agent the square footage of our particular cabin is 148 sq. ft. The smallest inside cabin is
supposed to be 135 sq. ft. Hope that helps.
Old December 28th, 2000, 09:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be celebrating our son's 23rd birthday on January 29th. This will be his first cruise, so he is excited. We took our daughters on a Western Caribbean cruise in 1999, but our son was serving a mission for our church at the time and wasn't able to go. It will be nice to have us all together this time.
Old December 28th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ken,
I'm sure you will all have a wonderful cruise on "Sea" :-) Great way to get the family all together, have a ball!

Donnassei
Old December 30th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Mike Mastellar

Default RE: Atrium lounge--really. :)

Beckie;
Thanks for sharing the pictures. The atrium and the cabin look great.

Take Care;
Mike
Old December 30th, 2000, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Ken,

All of the standard cabins aboard MV Sea Princess (and her sisters) are a tad on the cozy side (they are the smallest in the Princess fleet), but quite functional. They have adequate storage for two people and their heads have a very efficient layout with adequate space in the shower (which, BTW, is a separate stall).

Norm.