Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2000, 06:34 PM
Passenger

Default Food Poinsoning on Sea Princess

My family traveled on the October 21st sailing of the Sea Princess. On the last night both of us got food poisoning from dinner? We believe it was the Pepper Pot soup. It was the most awful experience of our lives. Thank goodness my daugher had a different meal that night. Was anyone else out there on that cruise? The cruise line claims we had the flu, even after 3 doctors confirmed it was food poisoning and we hadn't eaten anything off the ship!
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2000, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Food Poinsoning on Sea Princess

Did anyone else, that you know of, get sick?

You would think chances are pretty good that some of the other 2000 passengers also ate the same soup. And if that is what truely caused you to get sick others would have had the same problem...
Old December 30th, 2000, 11:14 AM
Yeoman

Hi:

It's possible you had some kind of "bug" except if it were food born it would have effected lots and lots of people. Would have made big news. Were you the only ones sick? How long after you ate were you sick? Thats a big key question as it can help pin point what type of pathogen effected you. Some "food born" bugs take 24 hrs to get you. So....it could have come from lots of different places. Duirng a shore excursion the day before. Did you stop and have cocktails at a local bar? Was there ice in the drink? Could have been where the ice was manufactured. Did you have luch on the excusion? I hope you were able to recover fast as nothing puts a damper on a vacation or trip like being sick.
Old December 30th, 2000, 01:51 PM
Mike Mastellar

Melinda;
I am sorry to hear about your illness. Food poisoning or "Montezuma's Revenge" can be devastating. My wife and I have a prescription for Cypro. It is a strong antibiotic that is very good at killing intestinal bacteria and parasites. You may want to talk to your doctor about having this with you when you travel in the future. It has saved us on one occasion in Cancun. Intestinal bacteria (Ecoli) and other nasty little bugs can come from almost any source on or off the ship. Ice, fruit, mixed drinks, etc. They can also take up to a week to let their presence be known.

Take Care and I hope you never have to deal with "Food Poisoning" again.

Mike
Old January 1st, 2001, 06:38 PM
David Starkey

Two years ago on Regal Princess I contracted "food poisoning"along with two hundred other passengers.( I was very ill and confined to my bed)The ship was later put in quarentine by Canadian Health Officials in Vancouver(the ship sailed on three voyages knowing crew and passengers were at risk)( I wouldn't wish that"bug" on anyone.)
Later on Princess did comfirm that the crew and passengers had the"Stanford Virus".
Princess handled the whole business very poorly and to this day ,I am somewhat angry at them for trying to make a buck by sending a ship with a stick crew out on a cruise(just to make $)
I did eventually get my cruise reimbursed, however my 3 other family members got nothing, nor did we even get a letter of apology(thats what I really wanted).

Best of luck to you, I hope Princess will "handel" your situation better than mine.