Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2001, 05:44 PM
mike mcduffie

Default alaska cruise

I am thinking about booking an alaska cruise in june on the sea princess. if anyone has any comments on the southbound cruise it would be appreciated. Also i am booking a suite if you have stayed in one please respond. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Captain

Default RE: alaska cruise

I took the north bound cruise on the Sun and the south bound on the Star and I am booked for both directions on the Dawn this year. The scenery is great. You will not believe the beauty of the glaciers. Take lots of film and a video camera if you have one. Make sure you take time to look at things without the camera also. We saw a lot of wildlife both in the sea and on land when we went last time. The towns are all unique in their own way. Take the time to pick your tours so you do not have to rush and can enjoy whatever tour you take. Personally my wife and I focused on whale watching tours. If you do this try to pick a tour without a specific route. They will get on a radio and find out where the whales are. The totem parks in Ketchikan are nice. If you can afford a helicopter tour and walk on a glacier do it you will not regret it. Did not take but heard the White Pass Railway is great.

Hope this helps.