Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2001, 11:32 AM
emmy

Default Tracking Princess Prices

I just booked a Panama Canal cruise on the Sun Princess for April 15,2002
I purposely booked early to take advantage of any upgrades that might come my way because of this. The price is still high for an inside category guarantee and I know the prices will most likely come down. My TA says she will keep track of faxes for specials etc from her end but how do I keep track of prices via the internet. Most other cruise lines list the prices of cruises on their sites but Princess does not. I want to stay on top of things myself. Any ideas?

Emmy
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2001, 12:02 PM
First Mate

Default RE: Tracking Princess Prices

You can check on the current price at http://www.uniglobe.com/a-cruises/de...fm?TBC=CRUISES - use the 'Cruisecontrol' feature. I have had four price reductions on the Ocean Princess Panama Canal repositioning (three linked cruises) since booking.
Old January 12th, 2001, 06:19 PM
emmy

thanks for the website. i have gone there and found a cheaper rate and will call my TA to check it out. I was impressed since I am Canadian and flying from Toronto Canada and when I enter that airport they actually quote me the fares in Canadian funds which is a bonus. I found a up to $700. off Love Boat Savers Fare for Canadian past cruisers with Princess which we are.

Emmy
Old January 12th, 2001, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Has anyone ever called up Princess directly to ask the price or does a travel agent have to be the one to do that.? I thought I saw a lower price on Uniglobe once though my agent says she has checked and we have the lowest.Now it is so close, uniglobe says to the fares are unavailable and to contact them, though it didn't say our ship was waitlisted as the rest are in January.
Old January 13th, 2001, 12:58 AM
First Mate

If you have a TA the line won't talk to you. They will only deal with you if you book it yourself directly with them.
Old January 14th, 2001, 12:17 PM
David Starkey

After talking directly with all of the major cruise lines fairly often i have almost always been able to get a better rate or cabin or "perk" by using a TA that specializes in crusing or does a large volume of cruise bookings and gets "special discounts" or special rates because of the $ amount of bookings with the cruise company.
Its nice to have the TA work for you and be your advocate with the cruise line.
Lets face it, they have more pull with the cruise line than just one passenger booking one cabin for one sailing.....
Some cruise lines are O.K. to work direct with, but some don't like working directly with the consumer..... and you can really tell when you speak with them.
The first question is if you are an agent, as soon as they find out not, the tone of the conversation seems to be less helpful.(this has been my experience on Celebrity. RCCL.NCL Princess and Cunard)
Old January 27th, 2001, 10:01 AM
First Mate

The Cruiselines are so busy with Agents business the really dont have the people to handle direct bookings. So the service will be less then if you work with an agent. Find an Agent you trust, and will work for you. The Cruiselines will NOT tell you if prices go down. They will NOT tell you if the ports of call change. Its best to work with an agent that will take care of all the details. So you can focus on what matters. Your cruise vacation.

Michael