Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2001, 10:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Horseback riding in Ocho Rios?

Can anyone who has actually done this excursion on Princess give me some info? I've got the book, so I know the basics. My 14 y/o is begging and pleading do to this, but I'd like more info before I commit myself!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Horseback riding in Ocho Rios?

Hi Tina,
My daughter did it on her last cruise and absolutely loved it. It really looks like a lot of fun. Are you going to horseback ride too??

Donnassei
Old January 13th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Not me Donna - that is a father/daughter experience. Horses are not my thing. I'll wait (probably sleeping since they are going at 8:30 a.m.) and meet up with them for lunch. Then we will probably grab a cab over to the Falls. Hate to go to Jamaica and not at least SEE the falls.

Thanks for the info!

Tina
Old January 13th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Tina,
Glad you will be able to see the falls, something NOT to be missed in Jamaica!
Have a great time.

Donnassei
Old January 13th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Tina,

If you're not going horseback riding, the tour of Prosepct Plantation and Dunn's River Falls is really worthwhile. The plantation actually occupies most of a mountain, and there's quite a science to the way that they plant various crops according to altitude. They really do grow an impressive array of crops that would be the envy of most farmers here in the States!

As to Dunn's River Falls, be sure to plan to climb. All you need are a bathing suit, a towel,and a pair of Surfwalkers (available at most any sporting goods store). The climb is not exceptionally difficult. In fact, a woman who was 99 years old did it just before my last visit. The falls are well shaded, so there's no problem with sunburn, and the river is very refreshing.

BTW, if you do the Prospect Plantation tour, just wear your street clothes over your swimsuit. You can leave your street clothes and valuables in the van while you do the climb. The driver will protect them for you.

Norm.