Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2001, 03:36 PM
First Mate

Default Taxi To Dunns River Falls

We have just changed our excursion to the River Tubing Safari as my husband really liked the look of this one but I would still love to visit Dunns River Falls, we return back to the Ship at 12.00 so if it was not to far away would have time to jump in a taxi to Dunns River any idea of cost of taxi and how long it takes to get there?
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2001, 10:50 PM
Jeronna

Default Re: Taxi To Dunns River Falls

Yes, you would have time for a nice afternoon "taxi tour" to see the sights from the pier to Dunn's River Falls. Make sure to choose a Taxi within the confines of the pier and not one of the "locals" on the outside of the gates. It is a beautiful sightseeing ride to the falls but, be aware the photos you see present the area much nicer than what you actually arrive at. Loads of local artisans are there and can be quite pushy. I enjoyed the ride there and back. Our taxi driver was most informative. Walked down to the base of the falls at the edge of the ocean. If you wish to "climb" they take you in groups. If you do not have "water shoes" believe me they will rent you some! Yuck!! As for the cost, when you leave ship to go on your first tour, ask about taxi fare for the sight you want to see and they will give you a price, time frame etc. Enjoy!
Old January 20th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Taxi To Dunns River Falls

Debbie,

Jeronna is right regarding taxis. They are pretty readily available at the pier. Whatever you do, make sure you allow plenty of time for the return trip. A delay that causes you to miss the ship's departure will be very expensive.

If you want to climb the falls, get a pair of "Surfwalkers" at your local sporting goods store before you go. These have good heavy rubber soles that will protect your feet and provide traction on otherwise slippery rocks. Also, they will stay on your feet during the climb.

I think that the organized tours that go to the falls are the best way to go because they have arrangements to take care of your belongings while you do the climb. If you go on your own, you might want to check into what's available because it's not an area where you can leave your belongings unattended and I don't recall seeing any lockers for rent.

Norm.