Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Tom and Candy

Default Owner's Suite on the Grand Princess

My wife and I have booked the Owner's Suite (Baja 750) - one of two on board for 2/25 - 3/4/01. Has anyone stayed in it or seen it to tell us about it? The last 4 weeks is "killing us" because it's our 25th Anniversary!
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Owner's Suite on the Grand Princess

Tom and Candy,

The Owner's Suites are one notch below the Grand Suites -- and a cut above all others. I have toured standard suites aboard MV Sun Princess. If they are any indication, you guys are in for one royal treat. In fact, the toughest part probably will be vacating the suite to return home at the end of the cruise.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old January 29th, 2001, 10:20 PM
Lady Jag

Sorry I'm not much help with that particular suite, but I have been in a Vista Suite and also a mini-suite. We will be in the Erik the Red Suite in May, cabin E#733. (The brochure doesn't have the correct name for this suite on the deck plan.)

The OS is basically like the VS, but has more sq. footage. I think the thing that appealed to us the most when we saw the VS last time we were on the Grand, was the marble entry way and the beautiful marble bathroom. The jacuzzi tub was really nice and the separate shower looked beautiful. There are two sliding doors to your balcony and a curtain to separate the sleeping area from the couch, chair and coffee table. Your suite may be slightly different that the one we saw since yours is a higher category, but basically the same layout. There is a large walk-in closet - the real kind, not the imitation walk-in closet like you would see in the mini-suite.

For perks: fresh flowers from the purser, priority tender passes, hors d'ouevres (sp?) nightly, full breakfast service, dinner menus prior to dinner, assistance with unpacking and packing, shoes and golf clubs shined/cleaned, dinner reservations booked by your butler, first time set up of bar drinks, and a few more things I can't think of at the moment!

You'll be one of the last to have a butler, as they are getting rid of this service the week before our cruise. We had the world's worst butler last time, so this won't be any great inconvenience to us. The cabin stewards are going to start picking up the butler's duties.

The only disadvantage to having your cabin on the aft baja deck is the fact that the pool is right above you. It is generally a quiet pool though and I think you will only have VERY minimal sound from it. As evening approaches, it is only noisy one night a week, I believe. Ours, unfortunately, will get noise from the Vista Lounge. The cabins in the aft area are certainly to die for and the view from them is like nothing else! You'll have an incredible time! Enjoy yourselves and your wonderful suite!
Old February 2nd, 2001, 12:30 AM
Mark D

You must post pics of that cabin/scratch that/Suite when you get back.

Let us know what trips you went on and what you thought of the trip.

We are going with two other couples on 4/01/01 cant wait, just passed the 60 day mark.

Old February 2nd, 2001, 10:03 PM
Tom and Candy

Mark - Don't have a scanner to post pics when we return...but I promise we'll have some. E-mail us your snail mail address and we'll mail some when we get back. Know how you feel about the time wait! It's killing us, and we still have 3 weeks to go! Are you scheduled into one of the 2 owner's suites aboard? Tom and Candy
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Captain

Tom and Candy you may want to check with some of your local camera shops about putting some of your pictures on disk or cd. I know there are several shops in our area that will do this for you. You could than transfer your pictures to a web sight or by email.
Old February 5th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Tom and Candy

Thanks for the tip..we'll be trying that,and just remembered my sister in law locally has a scanner too. Hang inthere everyone..we leave in 18 days and uh...how many hours? Tom and Candy...waiting with baited breath!!!