Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer
Default Grand Princess, 5/13/2001

Hi all! We are going on our third cruise in May on the Grand Princess to the Eastern Caribbean. This will be our first time on Princess, our other two cruises were on Carnival.

Does anybody know where I can find pictures of the Grand Princess, and pictures of St. Maarten and St. Thomas? I am so excited about this trip! We've booked a cat. BC Aloha deck balcony room.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Jody Brown

Default Re: Grand Princess, 5/13/2001

This should get you started:
http://www.princess.com/
It has 2 live webcams and pics of GP are elsewhere on the site.
Have a great cruise, the Grand is a BIG ship!
fun,fun,fun,
JBrown
5 1/2 weeks to the Sea Princess!
Old January 30th, 2001, 01:32 PM
First Mate

Take a 360 tour at <http://www.mytravelco.com/cruises/cruiseship/360/cruiseships.asp?Media_Type=1&brand=1&SN=803&SC=AP>
At this site you dont have to download anything. Just click and enjoy the tour!!
Michael Sinn
Old January 30th, 2001, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Hi Jennifer...My wife and I are also going on the Grand Princess on May 20th and our in a "AA" category mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. This is our first cruise on Princess as we have become spoiled with Royal Caribbean. I don't have any pictures of the ship, but I just received in the mail today a video on the Grand Princess. After I look at it, I would be more than happy to send it to you to view.

Let me know and I can mail it out to you, or I can give you the name of the company and you can send away for your own personal copy. The video was $14.95, but I can make you a copy for nothing if you wish.

Good luck with your cruise and if you're sailing before my wife and I sail on May 20th, please e-mail me back and let us know what to expect.

Regards,

Dave
Old January 31st, 2001, 08:49 AM
First Mate

Dave,

Thanks so much for offering to send me that video. I just receive a big package of stuff from Princess yesterday in the mail, so I don't think I will need it but I appreciate it!

My husband and I are sailing on May 13th, right before you. We're going to the Eastern Caribbean. Our first cruise, on Carnival, was to Cozumel.. it is beautiful there! We were there in May 1999. We went snorkeling at Chakanaab park, I would definitely recommend this. Taxis from the dock will take you right there. We rented snorkel gear for $5 at the park and spent the day there. There are steps leading into the water, which is about 30 feet deep right away. The water is so clear, we didn't realize how deep it was until we saw people scuba diving below us! It is all coral and the tropical fish came right up to us, it was so beautiful. I bought one of those disposable underwater cameras with me and the attached picture is one I took in Cozumel.

Have a great trip!! I can't wait for our cruise, they certainly are addictive!

Jennifer

Old January 31st, 2001, 08:51 AM
First Mate

Thanks Jody and Michael, I love those IPIX pictures!
Old January 31st, 2001, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Dave if you purchased your video from Princess be sure to attach your receipt from Princess when you make your final payment to your TA and they will deduct the amount you paid for the video from your final balance.
Bon Voyage
Old February 2nd, 2001, 12:24 AM
Mark D

There are some great sites for pics like these and more of the Grand and the Islands she goes to.

Old February 4th, 2001, 07:06 PM
Juanita

Dave,

Where did you purchase your video of the Grand Princess. I'd love to buy one. My sail date is March 11 and I can't wait. I called Princess to get a video and all they had was one of the Carribean ports?
Old February 4th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Jennifer,

I think that you are in for a Grand treat!

Be sure to book the "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" (tour STT-R1) from Saint Thomas. It's worth every penny of the price, especially if you like to snorkel!

Norm.
Old February 5th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Juanita

Where can I find these great sites you mentioned?
Old February 21st, 2001, 12:31 PM
Phil Gauthier

The best site I have found for pictures of the grand is:

http://www.whynottravel.net/grandprincess.htm

Enjoy!