Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2001, 11:16 AM
lene

Default Pizzeria, room service & tipping

I've heard the pizza in the pizzeria is great. I've also heard that the pizza is free but you're expected to tip. Do you tip in cash? Or do the "cash free" thing and sign a tip voucher? Also, same question for room service.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2001, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob
Default Re: Pizzeria, room service & tipping

On the Dawn Princess last week the Pizza wasgreat. I had a Calzone (sp) whiich with the exception of cold tomato sauce ladled over the top was good as anything. the tipping is a bit confusing. we were approached by a waiter dressed one way (jacket and tie) who took our food and drink order and came back witht he bill which had the 15% for the beers taged on, and our food by another who I recognized later as an assitant waiter. Menu says waiter tipping is at your descrestion but it is a bit confusing when and who to give it to
Old February 1st, 2001, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have always tipped whoever brings the room service to our cabin a buck or two - same thing if we eat in the pizzeria. The larger the group, the more we tip. If it is something small from room service, like a snack or a dessert, then we tip just one dollar. Anything more than that, we usually tip two.

Hope this helps.

Tina

p.s. - I have only rarely added an additional tip above and beyond the 15% added to my gratuity to anyone delivering soda/drinks which had the 15% added automatically.
Old February 1st, 2001, 07:12 PM
lene

Tip cash, or by signing for it?
Old February 1st, 2001, 07:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

We've always tipped for room service and in the pizzeria in cash. I don't even know if they offer you the option to tip by signing for it, but I don't think they do.

Tina
Old February 3rd, 2001, 12:11 PM
Yeoman

I agree with you. I just got off the Sun Princess and I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't tip anyone and I felt bad about it, but you don't carry any money but your card. I guess you where suppose to add it to the bar tab?? I had a pizza and it was great, I thought it was to much for one person and you could not take it with you. The 2nd time my girlfriend and I split one it was as good as the first pizza.
Old February 4th, 2001, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Iene,

I try to remember to bring cash to tip ($1.00 per person seems reasonable) in the pizzerias aboard MV's Sun/Dawn/Sea/Ocean Princess, but it's no sweat if you forget. The catch to the pizzerias aboard these vessels is that they serve only bar beverages, so the staff make their tips on the beverage service in addition to whatever the customers tip in cash.

The pizzas really are excellent. I find that a pizza is an ample lunch, so plan to share if you are ordering one for a snack or if you are a light eater.

Norm.
Old February 6th, 2001, 06:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

What I found on gthe Dawn Princes was hat a "bar" waiter akes your order and brings you your drink, but they have ass't waiters that bring ou your food. They are the ones I got confused about with tipping. I guess the have a dollar ready is the way to do it, but who knew what was going on