Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2001, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Default Shore excursions St.Thomas/St. Maarten

We will be on the Grand Princess in March and are looking for advice on several shore excursions. We are interested in the "Wild Thing" Around St Thomas or the Champagne Catamaren to St. John.
In St Maarten we are looking at the New Waves Snorkel at Shipwreck Cove. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2001, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Shore excursions St.Thomas/St. Maarten

Hi Karen,
We did the "wild thing" on our last visit to St. Thomas and it was a blast, highly recommend it. We were fortunate to get to snorkel at Trunk Bay again, although they said they don't always go there, but we were able to that day and it was wonderful. The crew on board was soo funny and also very helpful, it was a great day. You can even snorkel all the way to the beach if you want to sit and relax there :-) Have a great cruise, here is a pic of the wild thing while we were snorkeling at trunk bay.

Donnassei

Old February 2nd, 2001, 01:14 AM
Mark D

We are also going on the Grand (on 4/01/01) and we have been told by Norm that the Champagne Catemaran is great and includes lunch and drinks.

Let me know what you decide and e-mail me once you get back.
We have three rooms on the Dolphin deck.
Old February 2nd, 2001, 02:55 PM
Admiral

What date are you sailing? We are on the 3/18 sailing. Can't help with the tours, as I can't snorkel but the Champagne Catamaran Tour is supposed to be the best.
Old February 4th, 2001, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Karen,

I guess I made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag, but the Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John really is wonderful. I already have it reserved -- for the third time -- when I land in St. Thomas aboard MV Dawn Princess on the 30th of March.

On the Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John, the catamaran meets you at the cruise ship pier in St. Thomas at about 9:00. While you relax and enjoy complementary beverages (champagne, rum punch, beer, soda, and juices are available) of your choice, the catamaran sails over to a beach at St. John, where the crew anchors the boat, then the skipper gives a short briefing on the beach and the nearby reef for snorkeling. The catamaran has a bow stairway that they lower into the water for access to the beach and the snorkeling area. The crew also provides snorkel gear and complementary snorkeling lessons for those who wish. Once anchored, they put out a buffet lunch -- and, of course, the beverages continue to flow. When it's time to return, the crew sails the catamaran right back to the cruise ship pier to drop off the passengers -- while continuing to serve beverages the whole way. I have yet to see any of the beverages come close to running out.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Norm.
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:45 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Norm,

The catamaran tour sounds great! One question though.. how long is it? Would there still be time afterwards to see St. Thomas?

Jennifer
Old February 5th, 2001, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Norm,
Going again on the catamaran sailaway?? Its must be good, we may just do that as well, hope its still as good as the first time! Enjoy!

Donnassei
Old February 7th, 2001, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Jennifer,

The catamaran returns to the pier around 3:00 or 3:15 PM, so you would have a couple hours to see some of Charlotte Amilie. I have noticed some other posts on this board saying that the traffic there is quite heavy in evening rush hour, though, so be sure to allow plenty of time to return to the pier.

Norm.
Old February 7th, 2001, 12:37 AM
Admiral

Donna,

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it!

Norm.