Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Passenger

Default cruise documents

We are sailing on the Ocean Princess on 4/8/01. I want to book the excursions online b/c i heard that when you get on the ship, most are booked already, but the website doesn't give much info about the various excursions offered. will i receive something from Princess explaining each excursion?
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2001, 09:32 PM
Christine B

Default Re: cruise documents

We got a package in the mail from Princess a couple of weeks after we booked out cruise. It contains a very informative booklet on the various tours.
Old February 5th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cole,
Yes, you should get your excersion information weeks before the final docs arrive and you can fax, mail, or use the Princess site to sign up for them.

Donnassei
Old February 6th, 2001, 09:06 AM
lenetere

We got our packet of info about 6 weeks before cruise. If you want to book on line you'll have about 2 weeks to do it. I believe you can fax or mail during the same time period. The on-line site also tells you how many slots are left for a particular excursion. I personally thought it was a bit tricky that you have to go to the next step to view your reservations for excursions (although my husband looked at me with great pity that I was at all confused).
Old February 6th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Admiral

You should receive a complete Pre-cruise packet shortly after your final payment is made. For our 3/18 trip, we received our packet including a detailed tour brochure about 1/17. We faxed our 6 pages of information directly to Princess. This info includes your pre-boarding info with Passport, flight, and credit card details. With your booking number, you can also access and process any of the above mentioned information on line. Unfortuantely as you have noticed, there are no details on the tours. In your packet, you will receive a form for tours including the times scheduled.
Bon Voyage
Old February 6th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Tom and Candy

You'll receive your 1st package from your travel agent about 3-4 weeks before you go. In it is a booklet on things you can order with cost as well as all available tours/pkgs, etc. including description and cost and order form. You can also call 1-800-Princess to order, just need your Booking number and credit card. Bon Voyage!
Old February 7th, 2001, 12:21 AM
Admiral

cole,

You should receive a package from your travel agent within two weeks of your final payment or about sixty days before you sail, whichever is later, containing the following:

>> Princess's "Cruise AnswerBook" (containing information about what to expect in a question-and-answer format),

>> Your Passage Contract (read carefully, as this is a legal document that defines your rights),

>> A form for immigration and emergency contact information,

>> A passenger survey questionnaire,

>> The "Adventures Ashore" booklet, which contains descriptions of the shore excursions, for your ports of call,

>> A shore excursion reservation form, and

>> Some supplementeal information on additional services such as tuxedo rental that you can arrange through Princess.

If you do not receive this package at the time indicated, call your travel agent and inquire about it. Note that this package is not your cruise documents (tickets, etc.), which usually arrive about three or four weeks before the start of your cruise.

You can complete the forms in the package and submit them or you can enter the information on Princess's web site, as others have noted in earlier replies.

In my experience, there are usually a few shore excursions that sell out prior to embarkation -- but less than 10%. If your first choice of excursion in a particular port is sold out, there probably is an alternative with a similar focus that has plenty of space available. Princess generally will add more groups to a shore excursion to match the demand, though a few excursions do have "hard" limits on capacity. If you can't reserve shore excursions in advance for any reason, do so as soon as you board the ship.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.