Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grand Princess Cabin E731

Has anyone stayed in Cabin E731 (aft) on the Grand Princess? We want to know if you hear much noise from the Vista lounge below? Does the balcony go to the rear of the ship so you can see the water below without overlooking the balcony below you? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2001, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Princess Cabin E731

Amy,

The balconies at the rear of the Emerald Deck aboard MV Grand Princess extend over the section of the outdoor promenade between the Vista Show Lounge and the stern, so you should have no trouble seeing the ocean below. This would apply to cabin E-731.

I have never stayed in cabin E-731 (or, for that matter, cabin E-730 located in the same place on the other side), but I have stayed in cabins right below the pool area on the Aloha Deck. My experience in those cabins is that Princess provided plenty of sound insulation, so noise from recreational activities was not a problem. I can also tell you that vibration is not a problem in the Botticelli Dining Room, which is located directly below the Vista Show Lounge. My tablemates and I noticed some hum from the stage elevator when they raised and lowered the stage in the Vista Show Lounge while we were dininig in the Botticelli Dining Room, but I doubt that it would be audible in the cabins above the Vista Show Lounge.

Norm.
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Passenger

Hi... we booked room E731 on the Grand for the Nov 22 sailing out of Rome, but cancelled it when we heart that it had an obstructed view because of a beam. I've seen several references to this beam, but I've never heard from anyone who actually was in that room. Anyone know anything specific on this?
Paul
Old May 13th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Paul

I'm curious as well. Also those mini-suites back there (side not aft) I understand have larger balconies than norm.

Interesting you found this thread, but maybe we'll get some comments now.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Passenger

Snoozeman... no replies here, but I finally found a few pics of the Grand
stern, and there is a vertical beam about 1/4 way over on the balcony
that supports the deck above. It appears to be present in all four of the small rear balconies. Couldn't find another cruise that my wife wanted, so finally rebooked this one.

paul
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdewar
Snoozeman... no replies here, but I finally found a few pics of the Grand
stern, and there is a vertical beam about 1/4 way over on the balcony
that supports the deck above. It appears to be present in all four of the small rear balconies. Couldn't find another cruise that my wife wanted, so finally rebooked this one.

paul
Good luck, love the ship. Let us know.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Beginner

We stayed a few cabins from there recently. Someone who did stay in or near your cabin did complain of the noise. There are no balconies that far back, just deck. If you have a porthole or large window you can see the water. Be careful, we had a horrible problem with a mildew smell and they had to give me an air purifier to even be able to stay in the room. You can smell it as you are walking down the hall. I don't know if it's the same on the other floors. We took the ship to the U.K. and they charged $60-$70 per person to get to some of the cities from the port. When we got to the port, there was always cheaper, alternate transportation.
Old August 4th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Familiar Face

Default aft minisuites

I have not stayed in that last AD minisuite on the Grand, but have stayed in one on the Star, Diamond, and Crown. The balcony is awesome and totally private. I'm not sure about this beam that is being discussed so if it was there, it was not something that obstructed our view at all. These are the lowest balconies so you see nothing but water when you look down. You can also see the wake behind the ship. On the Star Princess when I went on it, there was still the Vista Showlounge under it and I never heard any noise. On the Diamond and Crown they had that other room, Club Fusion, below them and occasionally I'd notice some music but very faintly and nothing to keep us up at night. I would definitely take that cabin if you can get it!