Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill
Default airline worries

We have paid a deviation fee, and selected direct flights which were confirmed by Princess, but were told that seats have not been released by the airlines. Several calls to the airlines have failed to produce seats. I'm afraid the flight is overbooked and we might not get on. Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Silver PT

Default Re: airline worries

Don't worry, this is normal. They won't realease them until the day of the flight. Calling won't help. Just sit back and relax.
Old February 15th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Admiral

I do a lot of travel arranging in my job and Silver is correct. Airlines only release 80% of their seats and retain the other 20% for airport check-in. Get to your airport early. It is rare that the exit rows are pre-assigned unless you are a real frequent traveler, so if you are able and willing request an exit row.
Bon Voyage
Old February 15th, 2001, 01:13 PM
Dawn Stefano

As long as you can confirm the booking with Princess, you should be okay for a seat if you get to the airport early. Just about all flights are overbooked these days, but if you check in early it is unlikely that you will be involuntarily bumped.
Old February 15th, 2001, 08:04 PM
First Mate

On 1/06 after our cruise, we went to the airline gate to try to get our seats. They would not give us a seat until 10 minutes before the flight. They did tell me that we would get on the flight but we may not be sitting together, which we did not. It was as bad for me as the guy next to me. We were sitting in row 34 and he had to use a wheelchair. He wasn't book with Princess.
The way the airline treated us was like we were going on a standby ticket. I have complained to the airline and they have given us each a $75 credit for our next flight. It is still be looked into by Princess.