Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2001, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 100
Send a message via AIM to Jill
Default airline worries

We have paid a deviation fee, and selected direct flights which were confirmed by Princess, but were told that seats have not been released by the airlines. Several calls to the airlines have failed to produce seats. I'm afraid the flight is overbooked and we might not get on. Anyone have any experience with this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Silver PT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: airline worries

Don't worry, this is normal. They won't realease them until the day of the flight. Calling won't help. Just sit back and relax.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New England
Posts: 2,420
Default Re: airline worries

I do a lot of travel arranging in my job and Silver is correct. Airlines only release 80% of their seats and retain the other 20% for airport check-in. Get to your airport early. It is rare that the exit rows are pre-assigned unless you are a real frequent traveler, so if you are able and willing request an exit row.
Bon Voyage
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2001, 01:13 PM
Dawn Stefano
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: airline worries

As long as you can confirm the booking with Princess, you should be okay for a seat if you get to the airport early. Just about all flights are overbooked these days, but if you check in early it is unlikely that you will be involuntarily bumped.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
First Mate
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 454
Default Re: airline worries

On 1/06 after our cruise, we went to the airline gate to try to get our seats. They would not give us a seat until 10 minutes before the flight. They did tell me that we would get on the flight but we may not be sitting together, which we did not. It was as bad for me as the guy next to me. We were sitting in row 34 and he had to use a wheelchair. He wasn't book with Princess.
The way the airline treated us was like we were going on a standby ticket. I have complained to the airline and they have given us each a $75 credit for our next flight. It is still be looked into by Princess.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hurricane worries ClaireGlasgow Caribbean & Panama Canal 17 September 20th, 2007 12:26 AM
first timer worries KPfirsttimer Royal Caribbean International 12 January 17th, 2007 10:54 PM
All these worries.... suzanne Chit - Chat for Cruisers 5 August 1st, 2002 11:55 AM
Carry On Worries cruzlovr Cruise Dress / Packing 6 May 23rd, 2001 01:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1