Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2001, 02:46 PM
First Mate

Default In-door pools

Reading so many of the good informative posts here, I light bulb just went off in my brain. My husband and I are sailing on the Sun Princess in late August in Alaska, does anyone know if their pools are indoor or outdoor? I wasn't even going to bring a bathing suit until I read some on you talking about indoor pools. I feel like this is my first cruise because my last one was 37 years ago on our honeymoon. I'm learning a lot reading your posts and will continue to read until August arrives. Thanks to all of you seasoned cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Captain

Default Re: In-door pools

Sailed on the Sun to Alaska in 97. There are no indoor pools. There were still people using the pools and the hot tubs including my wife and I. The pools are protected from the wind some but they are outdoors.
Old February 15th, 2001, 09:59 PM
BillG

If you want indoor pools that still provide you with great views of the Alaskan scenery, consider the RCI Vision class ships. Princess pools are outside. A few brave souls used them on our Alaskan cruise in early June two years ago, but I couldn't work up the courage. Frankly, with so much to see and do in Alaska I didn't miss using the pool but something like the RCI solariums might have changed my mind. I think that the Celebrity ships can also offer this amenity.
Old February 16th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Admiral

No the Sun and her sister ships have only outdoor pools & whirlpools. The new RCI and Celebrity ships do have the dome covered pools, which I certainly enjoy in both hot & cool weather. You will still enjoy yourself very much as Princess has a fabulous reputation in the Alaska market. Who knows, it may even be warm enough for a hot tub soak after a day on a glacier.
Bon Voyage
Old February 19th, 2001, 07:15 PM
PamelaS

I sailed on Ocean Princess 09/02/00 Vancouver to Seward. We had a very warm, sunny journey through the Inside Passage. Many sunbathers, and it wasn't just the children swimming that day. :-)

One of the highlights of my trip was sitting in one of several 'hot tubs' on deck with some wonderful new-found friends; a glass of wine; and sailing out of College Fjord with the scenery beyond description as the sun was setting.

Take your suit!!! Your Princess robe will keep you toasty on the walk back to your cabin.

Enjoy!
Old February 20th, 2001, 01:46 PM
skyej

Next year Princess will debut the new Star Princess on the west coast- she is a sister to the Grand and Golden Princess. She will sail Alaska, and she does have a very large indoor pool with a retractable glass roof. I would also expect the new ships being built for princess (Coral, Island, Diamond, and Sapphire) to have indoor pools and more extensive spa facilities to compete with Celebrity.