Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2001, 06:32 PM
R&B

Default captains table

Has anyone been invited to the captains table for dinner aboard a princess cruise. We will be leaving this weekend and staying in one of the suites. We were told that we may have the opportunity to dine with the captain becuase we are in a suite and because we are celebrating our 25th annivarsary.Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2001, 11:02 AM
Bill Powell

Default Re: captains table

R&B
My wife and I have sailed Princess a total of seven (7) times and on each cruise we have had the best suite on board. Each time we have been invited to dine with the Captain/Commodore.
When we last cruised with Princess in 1992 and during the period of our prior cruises (1986-1992) the Princess policy was to invite passengers to dine with the Captain for the entire cruise, not to invite a different group each evening.
With the advent of the Grand Princess in 1998 the concept changed. Rather than having a "Captain's Table" per se, the Captain, currently Commodore Mike Moulin, will join a table one or two nights of the cruise. The determinination of which table(s) he joins during the cruise is based on several factors including accomadation booked, past apssengers.special ocassions, high volume TA's on board, friends, VIPS etc.
If you really wwant to dine with the Captain you should have your TA add the request to your record. Aslo once you board visit the Maitre D' and renew the request.
Trust me the experience is wonderful. We have made life-long friends of the ship masters we have had the opportunity to dine with.
We will be on board Grand Princess on March 4 and already know that the Commodore and his wife, who will also be on board, are joining my wife and I for dinner on the first formal night. We too are celebrating our 25th Anniversary during the cruise. We have previouslky sailed with Commordore Moulin and had the privilege of sharing his table. We are anxiously awaiting renewing our friendship with teh Commodore.
Make sure you ask....you never know. Good Luck!