Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel in Fort Lauderdale. What type of room should I ask for, is it close to shopping, restaurants, entertainment? Any and all information will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Sheraton Yankee Clipper Hotel

I have reservations there in June. My travel agent has been there and he says it's on the beach and within walking distance of resturants. I would like to know also.
Old February 20th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Michael Munday

This place is awful. Don't go there. The Marriott next door is wonderful. My sister in law stayed at The Yankee. Swimming pools like Travel Lodge. Very Old hotel and grounds not attractive. If you look on the internet it looks as good as the MArriott but wow what a difference. Go somewhere else. Try Embassy Suites.Also the food in the restaurant was not good.The beach is tacky and they don't provide any chairs.
Old February 24th, 2001, 08:12 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon

I usually stay at the Sheraton Yankee TRADER - just down the road on the beach. Nothing fancy -the hotel is very clean & the staff friendly. There is a safe walkway to the beach & the pool deck is nice. You can also walk to the restaurants etc as opposed to the Clipper where a car is needed. Both hotels are within 10 minutes of the pier so its great.

If you stay at the TRADER ask for a room in the main building!!
Old March 1st, 2001, 12:10 AM
jkaiser

The Sheraton Yankee Clipper is a very old dumpy hotel built in the 70's. It has changed names on more than one occasion. Its only calling card is that it is on the beach.
There is a much nicer Marriott down the road in one direction and a new Marriott resort/vacation center at the other. Yes you are close to the port but you will not get much for your room charge.