Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2001, 10:50 AM
Passenger

Default Clergy/Employment/Golden Princess

Hi,

Help is needed in trying to reach someone in personnel whom can tell me why my brother a Catholic priest has NOT heard anything from Princess. Faxed a resume and all credientials 1/29/01. He wants to say mass on board . This is VERY important to many cruisers having a priest on board to say mass.

Peggy
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2001, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Clergy/Employment/Golden Princess

Hi Peggy,
Has your brother tried to call them or e-mail them, give that a try and hopefully he can find something out?? Good Luck.

Donnassei
Old February 23rd, 2001, 11:51 PM
Beckie

Not to start debate over religion---This is not an appropriate forum for that--Perhaps Princess chooses not to hire a clergy at all. Kind of a separation of "church" and state, if you will. It could be deemed offensive to other faiths to have only a Catholic priest aboard.
I believe there is an area on the Princess website for "employment opportunities." There may be contact info. there.
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Peggy,

Princess's policy is to invite clergy who are travelling as passengers to conduct services, but not to hire clergy as part of each ship's permanent staff. If no clergy are aboard, there will be a lay service led by either a passenger volunteer or a member of the crew.

As a Roman Catholic Christian with a master's degree in theology from a national Catholic seminary, I can tell you that the oblgation to assist in mass on Sundays and holy days does not apply when we are at sea. If the ship is in port, there's generally a church in the port that's accessible for passengers who wish to assist in the mass -- or, for that matter, for passengers who wish to attend services of another denomination.

Norm.