Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Quality wine with dinner?

Could someone please tell me the quality and price of wine offered on the Ocean Princess?
I would also really like to know if it is acceptable to take your own wine to dinner and pay a
corkage fee...is this done on board? I am sure there are many people travelling who really
like good wine.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Quality wine with dinner?

Hi Michael,
I'm no expert on wine, but we had some really good wine on board. Yes, you can also bring your favorite bottle and have them un-cork it for you, no problem. If by chance you are a chocolate nut like I am, they have some "to die" for desserts, so save a little room for them :-)

Donnassei
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Michael,

Princess's wine list has an extensive selection in all price categories from all over the world, so you should have no trouble finding decent wines. I especially like their Chateauneuf du Pape and, in a less expensive wine, their Beaujolais Villages. The selection of sparkling wines ranges from Asti Spumanti to Mot & Chandon champagne.

The better wines are often less expensive aboard ship than what you would pay ashore for the same wine ashore because there's no duty assessed. Although the ship's staff will serve your wine for a corkage fee, I see little benefit to this unless your travel agent happens to send a bottle of wine to your stateroom.

Norm.
Old February 26th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob

There is a "wine ordering station" set up every moning outside of the horizon food court, with the wine list and dinner menu so you can do so preplanning
Old February 27th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Admiral

You can log onto mytravelco.com and go to cruises and find menu list including a sampling menu of Wine for the cruise ship you will sail. Although, I do not think it was a complete list as I did not see any Champagnes or Sparkling wines.
Bon Voyage