Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2001, 12:02 AM
Mark D

Default Extra day before Cruise in FLL

We have just canceled our Princess Air Fare and booked our own flights directly through our TA. We also booked a hotel room and are arriving a day earlier in FT. Lauderdale. In doing so we have saved enough to pay for the hotel and rental car as well as saving an additional $120.00.
I am interested in any info on resturants in Ft. Lauderdale as well as other things to do at night.

Any info will help,
(28 days to flying, 29 days to sailing Grand Princess 4/01/01)

Mark D.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2001, 03:30 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Extra day before Cruise in FLL

Mark's Las Olas is a James Beard Award winning restaurant on Las Olas Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale. It's where I take all the people who are sailing from Port Everglades the next day for dinner. Also, the Marriott has a super Sunday brunch. You sit among Port Everglades' gorgeous and huge yachts and brunch on anything you want. The brunch has a huge selection.

Carole
Old March 3rd, 2001, 08:14 PM
Carole Dunham

I'm not a big nightlife person, but Las Olas is like a busy boulevard in a European city at night and there are a few jazz clubs there. The Riverwalk also has nightlife in ti, but I think it is more for the young and beautiful which I am not, so I couldn't tell you much about it.

Carole
Old March 3rd, 2001, 08:47 PM
Norman B

Mark,

We've sailed from Ft.Lauderdale several times. Lots of good places to eat.You did not mention where you are staying. Right across SE 17th St. is a great restaurant,Bimini Boatyard. Moderately priced, outside patio on the water. Also across the causeway is Hyatt Pier 66.They have a revolving bar/lounge on top of the hotel.Its a pretty nice place to bring a date (or wife)! If you want any further info please feel free to e-mail me.

Norman B
Old March 5th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Norm, can you walk across the causeway to the Hyatt 66? We are starying at Amerisuites.
Old March 12th, 2001, 03:08 AM
Passenger

Hi Mark,

I second the suggestion to go to the Bimini Boatyard. We stayed at Embassy Suites and it's just about a three block walk from the hotel.

I also would recommend the Embassy Suites. We have left from Fort Lauderdale on cruises three times and have stayed at the Embassy Suites and went to the Bimini Boatyard each time. Never been disappointed.

Rose