Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Linda S

Default grand suite or penthouse suite

Posted question on wrong board. Oh well will ask again. Has anyone every stayed in either the penthouse suite or the princess suite (the other grand suite) We booked these two cabins for our July 1st western caribbean cruise. I know they have discontinued the butler service as of April 29th but did they replace this with anything else. What are some of the percs you get with these suites? (if any) We are traveling with our kids 16-23. I am 45 hubby is 47. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and decided to go all out. Can hardly wait. Less than 4 months to go. Would be interested in hearing from anyone that knows anything about these suites. We sailed on the Sun Princess a few years back and had an outside cabin forget on which deck though. Any info would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Phil Gauthier

Default Re: grand suite or penthouse suite

Did you check on cruisecritic.com? Someone named Marta just stayed in the Grand Suite and talks about it on the board.
I'll be in the Grand Suite in 12 days. If you send me an e-mail when I get back (I won't remember) I'll let you know how it was. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Also, for a 360 view of both the bedroom and living room, check out:

http://www.mytravelco.com/cruises/cr...=&SN=803&SC=AP

How about those floor to ceiling windows in the bedroom? Nice, huh? I'm so glad that's my side of the bed!
Old March 10th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Tom and Candy

My wife and I had booked the Owner's Suite (Baja 750) on the Grand for trip 2/25/01-3/4/01 and IT WAS FANTASTIC! Approx 725 sq ft plus the balcony (see our post on Lounge chairs on Grand above). Marble entrance and entire bath area. Approx 15' buffet, Large dining room table, sofa, two chairs, Large coffee table more than adequate wet bar area, tv and refrigerator in loving room. Two sets of sliding glass doors to huge balcony, dressing table area in master bedroom area that my wife now expects me to provide for her here at home! Walk in closet with enough space for a three (3!) week crusie and more than adequate drawer space as well (about 11 or 12 if I recall. Huge jacuzzi tub and oversizxe glass enclosed shower with water pressure to die for....all this and more, much, nuch more! Go For it!
Old March 12th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Phil Gauthier

Loving room? Freudian slip or maybe you meant it!
Old March 15th, 2001, 05:49 AM
Linda S

I don'get what you mean!!!Please explain.

Thanks,

Linda
Old March 15th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Linda S

Thanks so much for your reply. I am so excited it seems like it is going to take forever to get to July. Do you have any pictures posted on-line. Please let me know, I would love to see them. Glad you had a great cruise. Also---were there any percs to getting this suite. I heard that the butler service is being discontinued after April 29th. That's ok though because I really don't know what I would do with one. I think a room steward is enough.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks,

Linda