Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie
Default Grand Princess

The Grand Princess will be sailing the Caribeean year round now instead of being on the Med route during the summer, Carib during the winter. Her itinerary will change however to the Western Carib Itinerary.

Robes not in the cabins as they were last year. You must request them. Again, we were in Balcony on Lido deck, so don't know the procedure in other upper room categories.

We sailed 2/25/02...so have been off the ship two weeks now.

Two formal nights. Others labeled: Smart/Casual. No semi's although they were listed in brochure.
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Princess

Have you booked your next cruise yet? We sail next week on the Grand, so appreciate the information on the robes. We will ask for them. Your note was the 1st I have heard of that elimination, too. Seems that they are just doing changes and hoping for minimal complaints and disruptions. With snow so high you can' t see the roads from the window, I am ready for some warm sunshine.
Bon Voyage
Old March 11th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Nanatravel,

Apparently there was a problem with people packing robes and then denying having done so when the company billed their credit cards. It's really a shame, but it's indicative of the mentality of modern society....

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old March 11th, 2001, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Norm,
That is a shame, really liked having those robes, and I certainly wouldn't think of taking it without paying for it, too bad those that do, ruin it for the rest of us.

Donnassei
Old March 12th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Norm and Donna, isn't that so true. The mentality that I paid for this vacation and its mine for the taking, is unacceptable, but will go on no matter what. Well I have packed by matching nylon robe just in case. I do tend to get chilly during the night and like to sleep in a robe sometimes. Also, like on the Millennium, some people don't realize or know that robes are to be worn in your cabin and not to the Pool or spa! I think that is a another culture shock. Well let's hope for no more snow this week so we can get out of New England on Saturday.
Have a great week.
Old March 12th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Hi Nanatravel,
When we were on Ocean Princess last year, I did see a few men wearing their robes down by the pool, I had to laugh, I would of never even considered wearing them there :-) I guess to each his own.

So, are you just about packed and ready to go?? Can't wait to hear how you like Grand, have a wonderful time and hope you like it enough to join us for New Years on Golden!

Donnassei
Old March 15th, 2001, 05:52 PM
marye

Enjoy your trip. We just came off the Grand on sunday. What a ship! what food! What Service!!!! We had a mini-suite, and enjoyed everything. We did have robes in the room, and two plastic chairs, two mini reclining chairs-did not have the foot part, one smallish round table (good for four) and one small white table that I used for a foot rest. This was my first time on Princess, and not our last. Feel free to email me with any questions that you may have.
Old March 20th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Hi! We just booked our honeymoone cruise on the Grand Princess for July 2001. Do you think this is a good choice for a honeymoon? Do you have any advice/suggestions for us? This is the first time either one of us have been on a cruise so, any advice or comments would be appreciated!! Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Hi Dawn,
Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon on Grand Princess. I personally think a honeymoon on any Princess ship would be wonderful.
Here is a link to some good information for going on your first cruise, hope it will be helpfull:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

DOnnassei