Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2001, 12:46 PM
emmy

Default Coral Princess

Does anyone know when the Coral Princess will be out and what itinerary would it likely be sailing. I would assume a European first. I am looking for one in the Caribbean. Anyone with any info.

Thanks Emmy
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2001, 01:01 PM
skyej

Default Re: Coral Princess

Coral Princess will debut in Oct 2002. That is the start of the normal caribbean season, so I would expect her to begin there before moving through the canal for a summer season in Alaska.

Does anybody have pictures of her yet? She is just over 18 months away, and Princess has been totally silent about her (other than her name and size). Com'on Princess- lets see what amazing new things you have up your sleve!!!
Old March 13th, 2001, 06:27 PM
jsea

Default I agree skyej...

I agree, despite being a Princess fan, in recent months I have been drawn towards Celebrity and RCI with their 90,000-ton vessels. Yesterday I saw pictures of the Radiance of the Seas ( <http://psp.club.tip.nl/> take a look {and thanks Bart de Boer for taking and posting the photos} ) and I am dying to sail on her. The Grand and Golden just aren't looking so cutting edge anymore. I am hoping Princess will change this with the Coral Princess. A while back I posted a list of things that I think Princess should incorporate in a new vessel and I hope they do so with the Coral.

Princess should build excitement for the new vessel by featuring artist renderings on their website and sending out mailings to Captain's Circle members.

Skyej, I agree, Princess needs to show us what they have up their sleeve.

~~~
jsea

>>> Here's my post from 1.22.01 for anyone who cares (it's long) >>>

Does Princess have any artist renderings, deck plans, or information about the new Coral Princess or Diamond Princess? I am anxious to see what Princess has in the works for these two new classes of vessels. Here is what I would love to see:

-standard cabins no smaller than 170 sq ft.

-EVERY elevator goes to EVERY deck

-all elevators in one elevator lobby interconnected (i.e. not the terrible four-choice-system on the Sun-class for the forward lifts)

-at least three elevator lobbies - forward, midship, and aft, each with stairs!

-full and unobstructed wrap-around promenade (like on Sun-class, not on Grand which is chopped up by stairs)

-better flow: do not split up passenger decks by a galley (i.e. on Grand)

-a little more creativity when it comes to stateroom furnishings/decoration... take a lesson from Celebrity (especially the Millennium)

-higher decks (many public rooms on Sun-class ships have low ceilings)

-grander atriums (I know Princess says this keeps a "small-ship" feel, but I think they are just afraid to have so much non-revenue "wasted" space)

-keep the Skywalker's Lounge concept, it's great

-NO EXTRA CHARGES!!! no $15 charge for dinner at Sabatini's, that's ridiculous

-some sort of new Princess paint scheme on the ship to make it easy to recognize in port (hopefully not for passengers' sake but for a little advertising and style - once again, take a lesson from Celebrity's Millennium) How about a classy sea witch with flowing hair?

CRAZY AND/OR POSSIBLY STUPID IDEAS

-thumb scanners for stateroom and ship entry (maybe portable scanners for beverage charges in lounges)

-viewing of photos digitally on cabin TV

I'm sure I'll think of more but tell me what you think - and what your ideas are.

>>>>>>>>>>>
Old March 13th, 2001, 06:35 PM
jsea

Default logo on vessels

I just read your reply to my "thoughts & ideas" post and I love your idea about the seawitch logo partially below the waterline.

~~~
jsea
Old March 15th, 2001, 10:20 AM
skyej

Default Re: logo on vessels

Princess is not in the same market they were a few years ago. 7 years ago when Sun Princess debuted there was nothing like her on the market- offering a variety of eating choices, and smaller- intimate rooms on a large ship. Princess is a victim of their own success. Now everybody is doing it- offering more intimate settings and numerous dinning options (just look at NCL, Celebrity, RCI, and even Carnival now!).

Its time for Princess to lead again- with more innovation and radical new designs on their ships. They need to get ahead of the curve again. Give us something unlike anything in the market- without totally abandoning the Princess class we have grown to love.