Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2001, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Do many college age people sail on Princess?

Hi--
We are thinking about taking our son, who is a college student, with us on a Sea Princess cruise. We have never sailed on Princess before. We are hoping there will be other young people his age for him to meet. I would appreciate any information you can give me on this subject. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Do many college age people sail on Princess?

Hi Mary,
When we were on Ocean Princess last year during spring break, there were plenty of college age people, if thats when you're cruising, during a school break, should be plenty. Enjoy Princess, I was really impressed with Princess, would go again in a second, in fact we're booked on the Cruisemates New Years cruise on Golden, can't wait.

Donnassei
Old March 25th, 2001, 03:12 PM
LE2

Mine have enjoyed Princess in the past and we're sailing on the Golden for Thanksgiving. Would have liked to do the New Year's group but its harder to get us all together then because of work schedules.

We have only sailed during school breaks and Holidays but there are all ages aboard!
Old March 26th, 2001, 10:37 AM
First Mate

Princess in general is an "older" person's cruise line, you'll probably have a better chance to see people of his age on Royal Caribbean, especially Explorer or Voyager where there is alot of outdoor activities for someone his age.

Steve
Old March 30th, 2001, 04:08 PM
BillG

In general, I think it will depend upon the time of year and the itinerary you are sailing. Usually longer cruises or cruises which occur when schools are in session will have an older contingent of cruisers. 3 to 7 night cruises during school vacation periods will skew the average age lower. This doesn't mean that there won't be any college age people onboard the longer cruises (and remember that many of the cruise staff (entertainment and activities personnel) are in this age group and do have some free time to socialize with passengers in their age bracket during the cruise. Remember that there needn't be a large number of people his age for him to find some companions.