Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Kathy R

Default Diving on the Grand Princess

Hi, we will be sailing the Grand Princess Oct. 7 was wondering if there are any divers out there that have sailed on the Grand. We have sailed RCCL and NCL, this will be our first cruise with Princess. On the other cruises we have always taken the ships excruisions, this time we would like to maybe book our own. Has anyone done this with scuba diving. Also can you go diving on their private island? Thanks in advance for the information.

Have a great day.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2001, 11:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Diving on the Grand Princess

Kathy,

Of course you can go diving on your own, but the Princess's "New Waves" Certified Dive tours usually go to the best spots and they include transportation from the ship so the arrangement is much more convenient.

Norm.
Old March 28th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Bob Mc

Kathy,

I agree with Norm. Princess has an excellent dive program and several PADI Dive Instructors onboard. I went on several dive excursions while on the Sun Princess in the western Caribbean. Princess carefully evaluates all the dive operators they use and they were TOP SHELF! Excellent equipment, very professional operators, low divers to dive master ratio, fabulous dives. Of course the diving in the eastern Caribbean is not going to be quite as good as the western. Another advantage of using the Princess dive excursions... if something happens and you are late returning to the ship, you will NOT have to watch the Grand sell off into the sunset without you. They will hold the ship for the excursions. Also, you will be diving with fellow passengers, and I made some great friends with a common interest.

If you need to brush up on your skills, they offer the PADI Refresher Course right on the ship during the at sea days. They have a pool deep enough to practice a little.

Happy cruising and good diving.

Bob
Old March 29th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Kathy R

Thank you for answering my post. We are really excited about sailing with Princess. I have read alot of reviews with nice things said about Princess. We will more than likely book with the cruise line.

HAve a Great Day
Kathy
Old March 29th, 2001, 08:46 AM
First Mate

Kathy...

I forgot to answer one of your questions. No, they do not offer diving at Princess Cay. They have snorkeling and lots of other water activities that you can participate in for a charge. You will LOVE the Grand Princess. It is a fabulous ship. We are going back on her next week.

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old March 29th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Kathy R

Bob have a wonderful time. I sure wish we were leaving soon, the cruise can not get here fast enough.

Happy Cruising,
Kathy
Old March 31st, 2001, 03:58 PM
First Mate

Oh Kathy....

Just one more thing I forgot to tell you.... when you are diving, watch out for sharks!<grins>

Thanks for the good wishes.

Bob "MacTarheel"<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb/Jaws.mid" volume=-500>