Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2001, 09:58 AM
ML

Default Upgrades on the Grand Princess

Has anyone ever received an upgrade from a Cat K
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2001, 04:23 PM
cruisinpat

Default Re: Upgrades on the Grand Princess

I haven't personally been upgraded from a Category K but I have read, on other boards, that lots of people have been upgraded. I recently found out that my Category BE guarantee has been upgraded to a Category BA on the Caribe deck. I'm a happy cruiser! Good luck.
Old March 26th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Passenger

I have also received an upgrade from a Cat. BC to Cat BA
Old March 29th, 2001, 07:35 AM
First Mate

Last year, we were upgraded five categories from CC (outside deluxe, no balcony) to BB (Caribe deck with LARGE balcony) on the Grand Princess.

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old March 31st, 2001, 02:03 PM
Kim's Kruises

Princess gives a lot of upgrades but it's done by the TA for the most part. If you have one that monitors your cruise and you are booked with the option for an upgrade if one becomes available(and not getting a specific cabin assignment) then your TA can move you as promotions become available. We get faxes all the time from Princess. They offer a lot of different promotions. Sometimes they will offer all "inside cabins" at the same rate so if I have a client in K I'll move them to II and leave them in upgrade status. If the outsides aren't selling well they might move them into an outside cabon. I have recently taken someone from J to EE because they paid $999 originally for a J, they J's went down to $699 and the EE's went down to $999. I gave them the option to move up or get a refund. This can happen to outsides, balconies, and minisuites also. If you are hoping for an upgrade make sure that you tell your TA to leave it open for an upgrade, better yet book on a guarantee as opposed to getting a specific cabin.
Kim
Old March 31st, 2001, 02:59 PM
First Mate

Hi Kim...

As I mentioned in a previous message, last year I received a five category upgrade on the Grand Princess but I was booked on a guarantee status. This year I was assigned a specific cabin by Princess when I booked, but they ask me if I was willing to accept an upgrade. I told them I was.

I already have our tickets in hand with the cabin assignment on them. This will be our fifth cruise with Princess. Does the Captian's Circle status really contribute to getting an upgrade? Do you think there is any chance of an upgrade at this stage?

I really enjoy your contributions to this board. Thanks...
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb/loveboat2.mid" volume=-300>
Bob "MacTarheel"
Old March 31st, 2001, 03:22 PM
Kim's Kruises

If your TA is awake you could be upgraded up to the second you step into the port. Princess has a lot of last minute promos as long as there are cabins open you could end up anyhwere as long as you keep yourself in upgrade status and aren't fixed to a specific cabin assignment.
Kim
Old April 8th, 2001, 09:41 PM
McGlumphy

Kim - -

Thanks for all your great information. My wife and I are sailing on the Grand Princess for the second time. We leave May 6th for the Western Caribbean. We did get one free upgrade last year but we were under the impression that Princess sent us the upgrade coupon because it was our first cruise with them. This year we booked an outside cabin and picked the room we wanted (we booked almost a year in advance). Then several weeks ago, we paid a little more to be guaranteed an upgrade to a balcony cabin. We're under the impression that we won't know which cabin we have until we arrive at the port and that it could be the cheapest balcony cabin or the nicest balcony cabin depending on what's available.

Have you had any experience with this kind of booking and could you give us any hints on possibly getting a nicer cabin?

Please write to me at mcgluro@vssp.com

Thanks,

Rob