Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Dave Butler

Default Golden Princess Christmas sailing

Going on the Christmas Cruise, anyone else booked yet?
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Golden Princess Christmas sailing

Hi Dave,
No, we're not booked for Christmas, but going on New Years, so save some food for us :-)

Donnassei
Old March 28th, 2001, 12:13 PM
Passenger

Hi Dave We're booked on the Christmas Cruies and looking forward to it. We've never been on a cruies during Christmas and don't know what to expect.
Old March 30th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Dave Butler

Hi Patti

I'm Barbara, Dave's wife. I have never been on a cruise over the Christmas holiday either but we were on Costa Victoria the week before Christmas this past year and it was really nice. Lot's of nice decorations and such. I expect it will be even more so over the actual holiday. We can't wait. We try to do 2 cruises a year and are now waiting to go on the Voyager of the Sea on May 20th. The best cruise of all is always the next one. Maybe we can meet for a drink. It's always nice to get to know new people. This is hard typing. My littly pupply wants to talk too. . Only 265 days to go!!!!! See ya soon!
Old March 30th, 2001, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Hi Barbara, We are really looking forwar to this cruise. It has been several years since we have been on a cruise and can't wait. My husband and I decided to take the Christmas Cruiese to celebrate our 30th Anniversary , we got married at Christmas time. I would love to get any tips you might have. Have a great trip in May. Patti
Old March 30th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Barbara Butler

Hi Patti,
Good to hear from you so soon and an early Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!!! That's some achievement. David and I are coming up on our 24th in October but that's unfortunately hurricane season. I'm not sure as to what tips you might be looking for but here are a few we have found. We carry a power strip because there never seems to be enough outlets and we carry those suction hooks to hang all of those extras like wet swim suits, bags,etc. We always try to get on the ship as early as we can so that we can get to know the ship before the crowd arrives. You might want to pack your cell phone because we found that we did have service in some of the countries and the pay phones outside on the pier are always busy. You might want to take an extra bag to carry back all the things that you said you wouldn't buy. ( A backpack is great when sight seeing or shopping) (make him carry it of course) Although the ship has a hairdryer in the bathroom it is usually very low power so if you have long or thick hair you may want to bring your own. You might also want to pack a night light. The rooms are usually really dark especially the inside cabins. Besure to use the in cabin safes but not the stuff in the fridge. It's expensive and you can always get fresh stuff delivered. I have been to St. Thomas 2 other times and it is my favorite place in the world. If you like Jewlery St. Thomas is the place to be. It's very inexpensive and beautiful. They have a great beach to snorkle. Also if you are into linnnens there is a place called Mr. Tablecloth that is to die for. You might check that out too. We are scheduled to be on St. Thomas Christmas day and I wonder if the shops will even be open. Anyone know? If you have any questions I would be more than happy to help if I can.
Old April 5th, 2001, 07:29 PM
Dave Butler

Only 259 day, 16 hours, 39 minutes and 55 seconds to go.