Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Yeoman

Default Itenary Change, No Jamacia

We were just informed that Princess is not porting at Ochio Rio or Aruba any more. We are planning to book the 10 day Panama Canal from Ft Lauderdale. The replacement ports are Grand Cayman and Cozmel. Dose anyone have any idea why they changed the intenerary? Is this a better option?
(Sorry about the spelling):->
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 06:16 PM
re

Default Re: Itenary Change, No Jamacia

Cheryl,
We have booked the Sun 2/24/02, our TA called me last week to tell me about this change. She said Ocho Rios was deleted due to safety concerns, she didn't know why Aruba. It could just be too out of the way from the other ports.
We have been to Jamacia on the Sea, and hadn't planned on any tours. We prefer Cozumel and Grand Cayman to Jamacia, but I'm disappointed we will miss Aruba.
Old March 27th, 2001, 09:36 PM
Carole Dunham

Grand Cayman and Cozumel are great substitutes. I don't know why Aruba was elimiated either. You'd have thought they would have substituted Curacao, another Dutch island. However, don't miss Stingray City in Grand Cayman. One of the best shore excursions anywhere, IMHO.

Carole
Old March 29th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

We visited Jamacia last year. Everywhere we stopped the people almost overwhemled you with items for sell. I didn't like this. They would walk up to my 7 year old daughter and just hand her necklaces and dolls and almost beg you to purchase things.

Also we took a tour and the guides ask for tips and the bathroom attendents as well. I realize that this is a poor country, but I think that they feel we are a easy mark.

Amy
Old March 29th, 2001, 01:37 PM
First Mate

Does this apply to all itneraries as we are doing the east and west caribbean on Dawn Princess next year and Aruba was one of our ports? have not heard anything from our TA although I suppose it's far to early.