Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Free transfers with air from Princess?

Someone wrote & told me that they are buying their airfare (with a deviation) from Celebrity for their Alaska cruise. She said that with the air, the transfers are included.

Is that true with Princess? The transfers were quoted at $73/pp (there are 3 of us).

However, do you screw up the use of the transfers if you come into Vancouver 1 or 2 nights early, and leave Anchorage 1 or 2 days later?

Thanks,

Terri
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2001, 06:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Free transfers with air from Princess?

Terri...

Perhaps someone else can answer about the Alaska cruises, but I know that I am paying $5 per person each way for the bus transfers to and from the Grand Princess to the Ft. Lauderdale Airport with the Seabird Air Program. In the past, these transfers used to be included with the air/sea packages. Now, like so many other things, the cruise lines are starting to charge for any extras. I still think it's a good value and very convenient.

Only nine days til cruise number nine... Bob "MacTarheel"
Old March 29th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I too had to pay for the transfers on our last Princess cruise and again on an upcoming Golden cruise.

Donnassei
Old March 29th, 2001, 08:09 PM
hamlet

To answer your question about screwing up use of the transfers - nothing should get screwed up if you take the flights that Princess booked for you. That way they know when you are coming/going and send a rep out to meet you.
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

True, hamlet...but I haven't decided to use Princess's air arrangements. So, I just wanted to be aware of all the possible costs (or discounts). Thanks!
Old March 30th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Duane T

We just returned from a Southern Carribean aboard the Ocean Princess. We arrived a day early in San Juan, using the Princess air option-also used a hotel in the Princess booklet. All the transfers were included. We were met at the airport by Princess reps, transported to our hotel. The night before embarkation, we were asked to leave our luggage outside out hotel room for pickup (all but carry on). On our embarkation day, they had a Princess rep at the hotel to direct us to a waiting bus, which transported us to the ship. Again, when we debarked, we were directed to waiting buses, which transported us to the airport. Trucks were there to tag and pick up the luggage-this was done by airline. All in all, everything went very smoothly. The coupons for your transfers come as a tear off in your Princess ticket booklet that is part of your cruise docs. Don't know if Alaska will work the same way, but assume it should.
Old April 4th, 2001, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Terri,

Princess no longer bundles transfers with their air packages. All the cruise lines charge for the transfers one way or another, either by charging a higher price for the flights or by showing a separate charge. Princess has opted to show a separate charge on your billing.

If you wish to stay at a hotel for a few days at either end of your cruise, Princess's "Cruse Plus" hotel packages include both transfers (pier-hotel and hotel-airport or vice versa). If you book the hotel on your own, the transfers are your responsibility -- but check with your hotel because many hotels do offer either complementary or very inexpensive shuttle services to or from the nearest commercical airport and, in some case, to or from the pier.

Norm.