Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Captain's Circle (room selection perk)

On their website, Princess states that Captain's Circle members receive many benefits, including "Advance booking discounts, allowing the best choice of stateroom and dining room seating ".

First, if you book a category guarantee, you are forfeiting this 'privilege'. Correct?

Second, doesn't EVERYONE get to choose the 'best choice of stateroom' at the time of their booking (if they want a specific assignment)?

Third, I would be surprised if they had time to factor in the Captain's Circle members when strategizing the dining room table assignments... I was a previous cruiser on NCL and did a second cruise with them last summer... This must not be one of their perks, because our table assignment was awful -- lol! That overall cruise just convinced me to stick with Princess :-)

Bottom line is, I guess the theory sounds nice! I'm sure they do their best.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2001, 06:34 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Captain's Circle (room selection perk)

Hi Terri...

I agree... I think these cruise line clubs are more of a "feel-good" "you're-a-part-of-our-family" promotional scheme than any real perks... but hey, it works for ME. I do like getting all of the promotional junk mail and almost daily e-mails. However, I really doubt that I've had any advantage over any other passenger. We did get upgraded five categories last year, but I think that is more a result of what is available and how much you paid rather than your past experience with the line. I certainly do not feel that I've been "allowed the best choice of staterooms" or "dining room seating." To my knowledge, I was not offered an opportunity to make those choices. Princess made them for me.

Countin' down to Grand Princess Vol. 2... Bob "MacTarheel"
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:25 AM
First Mate

I believe what is meant by "choice of dining room seating" is main or late seating, not table choice.
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:59 AM
First Mate

You are right. It is simply that the earlier you book, the better the choice of staterooms and the more likely you will get your choice of 1st/2nd seating. This applies whether or not you are Captain's Circle members.
Old March 30th, 2001, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

That was my take on it too...
Old April 13th, 2001, 06:39 PM
Edward Hoaglund

I suspect that Princess, more so than other cruise lines, is more inclined to provide substantial upgrades, particularly if you are a Captains Circle member and cruise at a less popular time. I've cruised on Princess twice and on both occasions was upgraded. On my last cruise on the Ocean Princess in December, 2000 I was upgraded from and inside to an outside cabin. It was a good ploy, because now I'm hooked on booking an outside cabin (with the hope of being upgraded to a verandah!). Happy cruising.