CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Immigration Forms??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/221175-immigration-forms.html)

Lisa March 28th, 2001 10:45 PM

Immigration Forms???

I received tickets without any immigration forms. Princess says it is the TA's problem. TA says Princess is no longer sending them out.

We are cruising in April and am wondering who to believe. Any help would be appreciated

MacTarheel March 29th, 2001 06:15 AM

Re: Immigration Forms???

Hi Lisa...

This is the same runaround that I got last year from Princess and my TA. We had all the pre-cruise forms completed and ready to board when they told us that we had to fill out a Bahamas Immigration Card. So we had to stop at a table and complete forms for both of us. It didn't take long... just a pain since we were anxious to board and had everything else done. I inquired at the check-in about why the form was not in the package. The Princess agent said that the TA is suppose to provide those to the passengers.

When I returned home, I asked my TA about the form. She claimed that Princess is suppose to include them with the tickets as all other cruise lines do. Round and round we go.

Just yesterday, I picked up my tickets for the Grand Princess... and guess what... no Bahamas Immigration Cards. My TA still insisted that is was an error by Princess. I insisted that I didn't care... find me some forms. Now I have ALL the forms and everyone's happy. <grins>

I would insist that TA get the forms to you. That is part of the TA's responsibility, whether they get a supply from Princess or snatch them from some else's ticket package.

Good luck and smooth cruising... Bob

Bonnie March 29th, 2001 07:17 AM

I got on the Princess site recently and found an area to fill in your immigration information on their site. As long as you have your booking number you can access this area of the site. Now I'm wondering if that's enough. I wonder if I should have a hard copy of these forms or if this on-line info is enough.

Lisa March 29th, 2001 07:18 AM

Bob,

Did you receive another immigration Form also? The Long white one?MacTarheel wrote:
>
> Hi Lisa...
>
> This is the same runaround that I got last year from Princess
> and my TA. We had all the pre-cruise forms completed and
> ready to board when they told us that we had to fill out a
> Bahamas Immigration Card. So we had to stop at a table and
> complete forms for both of us. It didn't take long... just a
> pain since we were anxious to board and had everything else
> done. I inquired at the check-in about why the form was not
> in the package. The Princess agent said that the TA is
> suppose to provide those to the passengers.
>
> When I returned home, I asked my TA about the form. She
> claimed that Princess is suppose to include them with the
> tickets as all other cruise lines do. Round and round we go.
>
> Just yesterday, I picked up my tickets for the Grand
> Princess... and guess what... no Bahamas Immigration Cards.
> My TA still insisted that is was an error by Princess. I
> insisted that I didn't care... find me some forms. Now I
> have ALL the forms and everyone's happy. <grins>
>
> I would insist that TA get the forms to you. That is part of
> the TA's responsibility, whether they get a supply from
> Princess or snatch them from some else's ticket package.
>
> Good luck and smooth cruising... Bob

Lisa March 29th, 2001 07:20 AM

Bonnie,

I did the same thing, and it is not. Looks like I'm in for long lines

MacTarheel March 29th, 2001 08:09 AM

Hi Bonnie and Lisa...

I also completed the online Pre-Cruise Information Forms. This is pretty cool because the information you enter there comes pre-printed on your tickets and saves time at check. HOWEVER, this pre-registration does NOT preclude you from completing the two white letter size Pre-Cruise Information Forms that come with your package, NOR does it include the Bahamas Immigration Cards (IBM size card). BE SURE to complete these forms and take them with you to check-in.

If you use the Princess Web site to complete the Pre-cruise Information, then you do not need to mail or fax the Pre-cruise forms to Princess, but you do need to take those forms with you.

Speaking from experience... <grins>
Bob "MacTarheel"

Linder March 29th, 2001 10:52 AM

Hi Bob

Unfortunately I mailed my long form in also. Any idea how I can get a copy of my form? My TA is still fighting with Princess over this

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate this.

Thulewx March 29th, 2001 11:04 AM

I've sailed on Ocean Princess 3 times out of San Juan. Each time I've filled out the electronic forms on the Princess web site. Each timeI've been forced to fill out the paper forms at the pier because "the system isn't up right now." I don't think their system is EVER up in San Juan. Last time they delayed us getting on the ship for 2 hours while they "got the system back up." The ONLY negative comment I had about the entire cruise. Maybe it's just San Juan...

MacTarheel March 29th, 2001 02:34 PM

Hi Linder...

Actually, according to the letter of instructions that came with the Pre-cruise Information Forms, you <u>are suppose</u> to complete the forms and [b]MAIL</b? them in exactly as you have done. Or you could have faxed the forms to them or you could have called in the information to their toll-free number or you could complete the information online at their Web site.

I completed the info online and the immigration, passport numbers, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc. all came pre-printed on my tickets. I will still complete the letter size white form and the Bahamas card and take them with me.

I am as confused as you about them needing a hard copy. I remember the same problem last year. Even though they had the information in their computers, they still wanted a hard copy at the check-in desk, which fortunately I had completed and took with me. However, I was not supplied with the Bahamas Immigration card ahead of time so I had to complete that at the embarkation area.

I would call Princess directly (800-421-1700) and get them to fax a copy back to you of the forms you mailed in. Also, be sure to get the Bahamas Immigration cards from your travel agent. That will save you some time at the pier.

Hope this helps.

Ninth cruise, fifth on Princess in nine days... Bob "MacTarheel"

MacTarheel March 29th, 2001 02:38 PM

Hi Linder...

Actually, according to the letter of instructions that came with the Pre-cruise Information Forms, you <u>are suppose</u> to complete the forms and MAIL them in exactly as you have done. Or you could have faxed the forms to them or you could have called in the information to their toll-free number or you could complete the information online at their Web site.

I completed the info online and the immigration, passport numbers, phone numbers, emergency contacts, etc. all came pre-printed on my tickets. I will still complete the letter size white form and the Bahamas card and take them with me.

I am as confused as you about them needing a hard copy. I remember the same problem last year. Even though they had the information in their computers, they still wanted a hard copy at the check-in desk, which fortunately I had completed and took with me. However, I was not supplied with the Bahamas Immigration card ahead of time so I had to complete that at the embarkation area.

I would call Princess directly (800-421-1700) and get them to fax a copy back to you of the forms you mailed in. Also, be sure to get the Bahamas Immigration cards from your travel agent. That will save you some time at the pier.

Hope this helps.

Ninth cruise, fifth on Princess in nine days... Bob "MacTarheel"

MacTarheel March 29th, 2001 02:41 PM

ooops... I screwed up the HTML on this message. Please the following corrected copy. Sorry...

Linder March 29th, 2001 09:50 PM

I called Princess and was told by a supervisor that forms are no longer included and they will only send tickets and they need to be filled out at the pier, that she realizes it makes no sense and does not know the reason why.

Meanwhile my wonderful TA came thru for me!

Thanks for all your help!

Kim's Kruises & Trave March 30th, 2001 04:39 AM

When my clients started asking about this Bahamas form not being part of the cruise documents anymore I called Princess right away. They acted like they had no idea (this wasn't just one person) You have to go through many people to get through to the documents dept.
After getting a lot of poor excuses and "I don't know why's" I made a few more phone calls, went to supervisors, group dept., document dept. etc. Finally I got hold of someone that seemed like she cared and when I asked them to send me a box of 50 forms overnight she promised that she would on 3/28/01. Well, at about 6:30pm on 3/29 I received a phone call from this same person that promised the forms to me. She tells me that she is very sorry but there are a total of 3 Bahamas forms in the entire document office at Princess in Califonia. She offered to overnight the 3 forms to me via Fed Ex. When I asked her what the REAL problem was she told me that the US company was unable to get them from the supplier in the Bahamas and they are out of them. She did tell me that my clients can go to the pier in Florida and fill the forms out before they get on the ship. Now my problem is this...are there no printers in Calif. that can copy the forms? Do they not have shipping in Florida since there are tens of thousands of the forms sitting on the little tables as you go to get on the ship? Can't they just Fed Ex some of them to Calif? I am here to tell you that a travel agents job can be a real pain over the smallest problems beyond our control. My only solution to this problem is that when I go to get on the Grand Princess on 4/29/01 I plan on "stealing" a stack of these forms so that my 60 people that I currently have booked on Princess don't have to go to this board and tell everyone that their TA screwed up. Believe me when I tell you that it is a Princess problem and not the TA's problem. Hopefully Calif. finds a printer soon or Florida gets a Fed Ex connection...now all I have to do is wait until Fed Ex shows up so that I can satisfy 3 clients today. In the meantime I guess the more voices heard in the Princess docs dept. the better so go for it!
Kim

MacTarheel March 30th, 2001 07:26 AM

Finally... someone taking some action instead of pointing the finger to someone else and saying... "It's their fault." Good work Kim!

Perhaps, if we could mobilize some people to contact the "powers that be" at Princess, we could get this little aggravation resolved for everyone. There is absolutely no reason that the passengers should have to be inconvenienced by having to stop with carry-on luggage and children in some cases to fill out a form that could have easily be done at home. Granted, Princess has a far superior embarkation process to most lines. But why do they want to may the check-in process any more cumbersome than it already is? I just don't understand why Princess can't simply include the forms with the tickets. As you indicated, there is obviously a supply of them SOMEWHERE or they would not have stacks of them at the embarkation area.

Kim, please try find out the name and e-mail address of a <u>decision-making person</u> that we can contact about our concerns. We passengers are spending thousands of dollars with Princess and can certainly let our displeasure with this inconvenience be known.

Bob "MacTarheel".... who has his Bahamas Immigration cards in hand

Kim's Kruises March 30th, 2001 07:55 AM

Bob,
Everyone can call (800)421-1700 go into the group dept. by pressing 2 then 3 and ask to be transferred to the documents dept. If you stop and talk to someone in groups you are wasting your time. They will try to get the whole story, act like they don't know anything, and then transfer you anyways. Last night there was a minimum 35 minute wait on hold in the docs dept. so the earlier you call the better. Good luck!
Kim

Linder March 30th, 2001 08:26 AM

I also think that this should be posted on every internet board to get the attention of the powers that be.

This is the only board who did not just toss it as a "Who Cares" problem and start attacking people as whiners.

Lisa, I hope you are still around, and didn't let the other boards bother you.

Kim, you ARE the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Bob, you were very helpful and provided me with great info.

Way back, Princess had dropped the ball and had a poor reputation, but gained it back in the mid nineties. They lost my business at that time and many others due to poor attitude, service and food.

Is this indicative of things to come? I hope not, because I have never had a bad cruise on any line, and each Princess cruise has been better than the one before.

Please keep posting this problem to as many boards as possible.

Lisa March 30th, 2001 11:10 AM

Thanks to everyone. Kim, you have my future business. My TA is on one of the other boards and everyone thinks she is wonderful...She is doing nothing for me, and you guys have been great.

Maybe we can meet onboard????

Lisa

Kim's Kruises March 30th, 2001 01:10 PM

Lisa,
Are you going on the Grand 4/29? I have a bunch going. I would love to meet you! E-mail me before we go and I'll let you know where we are. This is the BEST ship in the ocean in my opinion and I can hardly wait!
Kim

Bonnie March 30th, 2001 03:24 PM

Bob
Thanks for that info about still having to complete the white cards. I stay on top of that one.
Bonnie (Go Terps!)

Sandy March 30th, 2001 03:29 PM

Well, I don't know what to tell you, we just returned from the Sea Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago (had a great time) and we had none of the above problems. I pre-registered everything online prior to the cruise (along with our excursion requests - and the tickets we found waiting for us in our cabin) and printed the forms "just in case." The Immigration form for the Bahamas was included with our final cruise documents, (as was all the "online submitted information" printed on the Princess voucher tickets). I seem to recall a person at the terminal reminding everyone that you had to have the form filled out prior to getting into the check-in line, had extras for you and they provided tables for people to use. Once at check-in, they didn't ask us to re-submit any documentation, just took the Immigration form, ran our credit card thru for signature, handed us our on-board cruise card and waived us to the gangway. It was a breeze.

MacTarheel March 30th, 2001 06:24 PM

Hi Sandy...

Glad to hear that everything went so smoothly for you. I had mentioned earlier that Princess has a FAR SUPERIOR embarkation/debarkation system than most cruise lines. Two years ago, we were on the Celebrity Mercury and the embarkation was total <u>chaos</u>. We were kept waiting over an hour in a HUGE room filled with other ill passengers. This will be our fifth cruise with Princess and they have always been much more efficient.

You wrote... The Immigration form for the Bahamas was included with our final cruise documents... Once at check-in, they just took the Immigration form. Therein lies our problem. I, and others who have commented here, did <u>NOT</u> receive this for with our packages. I did not receive the Bahamas Immigration cards this year or last year. It is our understanding that Princess is not including this form with the packages and requiring you to complete it at the dock which I had to do last year. Perhaps you have a thoughtful TA who stuck them in your ticket package prior to giving it to you. Even a TA here has discussed the problem of getting them for her clients. My TA was given the same run-around by the Princess personnel.

I also completed the information online at Princess' Web site (a nice feature). The tickets and white forms come pre-printed with most of the information already entered.

Our complaint is absence of the Bahamas form, something that you fortunately did not have to experience. It would be very easy for Princess to include that form with the packages so they could be completed ahead of time. It is very inconvenient to stop when you are dealing with carry-on luggage (and children in some cases) to fill out this form. Particularly, when it could have easily have been done at home.

I hope this explains our complaint a little better. Hopefully, there is someone at Princess home office that reads this message board.

Bob "MacTarheel"... only nine days left to the Grand Princess

norm April 4th, 2001 12:39 AM

Mac,

Actually, Princess's policy has changed on this. If you submit the immigration information in time, it prints on the "Passenger Information" card on your crusie ticket. Once that happens, you can just sign the card and forget about the other Princess form.

If you need official immigration forms for any ports of call, they should be available on the ship so don't hassle your TA.

Norm.

MacTarheel April 4th, 2001 10:47 AM

Hi Norm...

Yes, I submitted my information online and it is pre-printed on my tickets. Last year I faxed the information to them and it also was pre-printed on my tickets but at embarkation, they STILL required the hard copy. Also, one of the hard copies is the prior cruise experience questionnaire which is not online. Now that may have changed, but to be on the safe side, I will take the hard copies.

You wrote... "If you need official immigration forms for any ports of call, they should be available on the ship..." Now, this may also be a recent change, but last year, they handed out the <u>Bahamas Immigration cards</u> as we entered and required us to stop and complete them BEFORE we could go to the check-in.

"...so don't hassle your TA." Hey, that what I pay her the BIG bucks for... and besides she kinda likes it. <he,he,he>

Bob "MacTarheel"... who will know the actual requirements first hand in only FOUR days.

MacTarheel April 4th, 2001 04:51 PM

Hi again, Norm...

Since I replied earlier, a Princess customer service agent called me in response to another issue that I had posed. While chatting with her, I ask her specifically about the white letter sized hard copies of the pre-cruise documents that you can mail in, fax or complete online. She said that you <u>MUST</u> turn in a hard copy of these forms EVEN if you have already completed it and the information is preprinted on your tickets. If you have mailed it in or did not bring it with you, you will be required to complete a new one before checking in. So, any one going in the future, TAKE THE HARD COPIES (or photocopies) OF THE PRE-CRUISE INFORMATION FORMS WITH YOU. It will save you a lot of inconvenience at the pier.

According to her, you also have to complete the Bahamas Immigration Card prior to check-in and the do not include them in the ticket packages any longer. She had no good explanation why.

I will advise the actual procedure when I return.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb/loveboat2.mid" volume=-800>

http://www.netunlimited.net/~mcnairb...Cruiselogo.gif

jody April 9th, 2001 10:15 AM

I just got off the Sea Princess on 3/31 and also had the problem with the Bahamas form. We did not receive this form in our documents and from the looks of it at the terminal, no on else on our cruise did either. We had completed all our documents on-line but ended up completing the other immigration form out again at the terminal. A couple in front of us didn't do this and they were told they had to complete both the Bahama form and the immigration form, even though they had done the second form on-line. The guy checking us in was adamant that they had to complete the form again. They had to leave the line, fill out the form, and get back into the back of the line before checking in.

Save yourself some time and bring a completed immigration form with you and be prepared to do the Bahama form at check in. If not, your embarkation will be delayed.