Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2001, 05:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pacific Princess

Has anyone sailed aboard the Pacific Princess? I have heard pros and cons. Please reply.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Pacific Princess

Hi Jack,
Here is a members review that you should find very interesting, enjoy:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_princess/pacificprincess1.html>

Donnassei
Old April 1st, 2001, 09:53 AM
Familiar Face

Although I've heard lots of positive comments about this ship, and I do like the idea of an older, smaller ship, I'm considering the NY to Bermuda itinerary in September. That concerns me due to the possibility of bad weather and the thought of a small ship thrashing around in it! Has anyone done this itinerary?
Old April 2nd, 2001, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Have sailed on the Pacific Princess twice, Aug 99 on the Western Europe itinerary and July 2000 to Bermuda. She is a great ship, but remember, she is old but in great shape. Some features would be considered 'dated'. Service was outstanding.
Old April 3rd, 2001, 10:28 AM
IMTA

Dear sirs,

We are the 3 rd biggest incoming tourism and port agent located in Turkey. www.imtatravel.com

If you are on the way to Turkey ports, We would be glad to give you services as in private tours in Kusadasi and Istanbul with great deals ( cheaper than onboard)

Please, make request for our many different types of landing programs and fantastic Turkey photos .

Looking forward to hearing from you, always at your disposal...

Best Regards,
Burak Arman
b_arman@imtatravel.com
adam_brk@yahoo.com
Old April 7th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Beginner

The Pacific Princess is an exceptional cruise experience. But it is one of those ships that doesn't work for everyone. I went on the NYC-Bermuda cruise last summer and loved it. Here's some info. about the ship:

1. On the outside, you can tell that it is an older ship. It doesn't have the sleek appearance of the newer ones, and you can tell it has been repainted over decades. When I first stepped aboard the ship, my impression was, "But the one across from us seems so nice! Maybe I'm on the wrong ship!" (turned out to be really untrue).

2. It's an intimate ship. With about 600 passengers, this is a ship you can make lots of friends on. You see the same people wherever you go, but it's not clausterphobic, either. You get to know the staff and the other passengers. The staff and passengers are very friendly. There's a strong sense of belonging.

3. The crew goes out of its way to make sure passengers are comfortable and happy. Yet, this ship isn't quite as formal as other ships. You will find that the division between passengers and crew is less apparent here than on the pure luxury ships.

4. There's a good mix of people on board and it's easy to find other couples or small groups to spend time with. The people from my dining table did a lot of activities together and we still keep in touch!

5. The running track hardly exists. The fitness facilities and pools are small. This is not a ship for the serious athlete, but it is fine for ordinary folk who want to balance their Chocolate Midnight Buffet with some physical movement.

6. Because the ship is nice and small, you can orient yourself rather quickly to its geography--it only takes two days of being lost before you figure out the layout.