Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Susan Piaggio O'Keefe

Default Golden Princess May 28? who's going?

Hi! I was wondering who would be joining my husband Jamie and myself on the new Golden Princess sailing out of Barcelona on May 28th 2001? We'd love to meet some of the people traveling with us. We live just north of the Boston area. I am 38 and Jamie is 44. We could email each other before hand and chat about the upcoming trip, meet on board maybe at a few meals, socialize on board or possibly hook up for some independent sightseeing at some of the great ports we're going to. I'll respond to all who email me. I'm at spok62@yahoo.com.

Susan
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2001, 10:23 AM
Burak Arman

Default Re: Golden Princess May 28? who's going?

Dear Ms. O'Keefe,

We are the 3rd biggest well known incoming tourism and port agent located in Turkey. ( www.imtatravel.com )

You are on the way to Great Ancient Turkey.... If you are interested to get private shore excursions, I would be glad to send you many different types of excursion details and landin programs for Istanbul and Kusadasi ( Ephesus) with great deals.

Looking forward to hearing from you, always at your disposal...

Best Regards,
Burak Arman
adam_brk@yahoo.com
b_arman@imtatravel.com
Old April 12th, 2001, 01:08 AM
First Mate

We went on this cruise in June 2000. We had a great time! Everything on the ship was A-1, and this was our 12th cruise so we have a lot to compare it with. It is a small ship and very easy to find your way around. We booked late and wound up in an inside cabin (I am claustro-phobic), next to the laundromat, but it wasn't too bad. The service was extraordinary throughout the ship. We actually have nothing to complain about. We felt the tipping was fair and liked having it all done automatically.

As for the shore excursions we used a local travel agent for Istanbul and Kusadasi. Higly satisfied from their services and from the places they have taken us. In other ports we sticked up with the ship tours. They were well done and we did not feel they were very expensive except the one to the Vatican in Rome at $499.00 each. Needless to say we did not take that one. All the tours we went on were well-organized with comfortable buses and good guides. Our travel agent booked our airfare (5 days before we left) and we spent an extra day in Istanbul at the Crowne Plaza which was a beautiful, reasonably priced hotel. By that time we were exhausted so didn't do much there. That is one thing about this cruise...it is very port intensive and can be a bit tiring if you tour every day. We would have enjoyed more cruising at sea and less ports, but there was so much to see, it was worth being tired.
Old April 29th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Tho

Hi Susan,
Please read my message last-replied on 4/27 to see if you're interested in this tour or not. Thanks.

Tho