Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2001, 01:09 PM
First Mate

Default Prime Rib Night on the Grand?

Does anyone know which night is the prime rib and lobster night on the Grand Princess? I want to plan a dinner at Sabatini's and wouldn't want to miss out on the prime rib. <he,he,he>

Sailing ONE WEEK from today...

Bob "MacTarheel"
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2001, 06:56 PM
re

Default Re: Prime Rib Night on the Grand?

Bob MacTarheel,
If memory serves I think it's the second formal night, I'm sure it's on a formal night.
Just make sure you make your resservations as soon as you board for Sabs.
Have a GREAT CRUISE!!

re a fellow TarHeel
Old April 3rd, 2001, 05:49 AM
First Mate

Yo "re"... fellow Tar Heel...

Thanks for the info. My wife remembers it being Friday night, the second formal night, as well. I will make those reservations early at Sabatini's. We ate there last year and it was marvelous. I'm a little miffed at the 30 buck additional charge though. Last year we entertained a newly-wed couple from our dining room table there it was only $14 for the four of us.

For others reading, regarding reservations... if you can not get a reservation through the computer system from another location, go to Sabatini's when the Maitre d'Hotel is there. Like any fine restaurant, a "green" hand shake will typically open up some opportunities. It worked for me last year.

Bob "MacTarheel"
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6211/loveboat.mid" volume=-900>

Old April 3rd, 2001, 12:16 PM
Yeoman

Hi Bob,

Your wife is right as far as the Lobster is served on the 2nd Formal night, but not with the Prime Rib..It is served with Beef Wellington. Prime Rib is served on Weds night. I am trying to find the menus to confirm. I know it isn't Thursday night as that is French night

Have a GREAT trip!
Old April 3rd, 2001, 03:48 PM
First Mate

Thanks so much Linda! For some reason, I thought the lobster and prime rib were the same night. I'm glad that you cleared that up for me.

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old April 4th, 2001, 12:21 AM
Admiral

MacTarheel,

The menu for the second formal night definitely includes Twin Lobster Tails, Roast Pheasant, Beef Wellington, and some kind of fish that very few people seem to order. On my last two seven-day cruises, Prime Rib appeared twice -- on the first night and on the last night.

In my experience, Princess consistently has outstanding dining rooms -- certainly as good as any gourmet restaurant ashore in terms of cuisine, ambiance, and quality of service. I don't comprehend how Sabatini's could be any better in any of these areas. As a shareholder, though, I certainly won't complain about what the surcharge adds to the company's bottom line!

With the newly elevated surcharge at Sabatini's, I recommend skipping Sabatini's completely and doing The Painted Desert for lunch if you must so you won't miss dinner in the dining room.

Norm.
Old April 4th, 2001, 08:36 AM
First Mate

Hi Norm...

Thanks for all the good information. I concur about Sabatini's... I don't know how it can get any better, especially at 15 bucks additional per person. Unfortunately, my wife REALLY, REALLY liked Sabatini's last year, so I may have to spring for it anyway.

We did the Painted Desert for lunch last year... Whoa... Way to much food in the middle of the day. It was a real struggle packin' it away at dinner. <grins>

Bob "MacTarheel"