Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2001, 03:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default crown princess

has anyone been on the crown princess,we are thinking about a panama cruise in december but would like to know about the boat since it is twelve years old thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: crown princess

Well, I can't say enough GOOD about the Crown Princess. She is 12 years old, but in magnificent shape. I sailed on her last August on her 16 day Trans-Atlantic cruise. Cabins are larger, she is well laid out, great deck space and for the canal, she has some forward decks that would be great to view from, but don't forget about the aft public decks (with chairs).

The crew were most friendly (I actually knew some of them from previous cruises), food excellent, service beyond excellent!

I fell while in Iceland and tore the ligaments in my right leg. When I got back to the ship, the staff couldn't do enough. Called the doctor right away, he checked it 4 more times in the remaining 8 days. They put me in a wheelchair and I was catered to in every possible means. It didn't ruin my trip at all!

Have no fears about the Crown, she is a great ship.
Old April 4th, 2001, 11:43 PM
luvtocruise

I sailed on the Crown in February and it was great. The interior of the ship looks brand new. The cabins are small, but had plenty of storage space (we had 3 in the cabin). My only complaint about the ship was its show lounge. If you didn't arrive 30-45 minutes early you could not get a seat. One night we got there at 8:00 for a 8:30 show and could not find 3 seats anywhere -- I talking not even 3 single seats. That is my worst complaint about the ship - in other words -- it was great!!!
Old May 5th, 2001, 05:58 PM
SCORPI

Aloha Dee,

i did the panama cruise on 4/9/01, the cruise was fine, but the condition of the ship is going down hill, since it is being transferred to another cruise company next year?...i was on the regal princess last year 3/00, throughout the cruise that cruise the regal staff was always working around the clock fixing up and cleaning the ship...on the crown it was the opposite..rust spots near the vents were not repaired, astroturf on the jogging track was in need of patching up. if u were to pay $1000 or more for the cruise, id recommend going on a newer ship. if u pay less than $1000 then u wont be too disappointed. the cabin i had on the emerald deck was cool, no complaints. the sights in panama ws unique and a cool experience, email me if u want more details......