Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2001, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Default grand princess

Worst cruise I ever had. The food was god awful and the entertainment was awful
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: grand princess

That's too bad. Our experience on the 3/18 cruise on the Grand was just the opposite. Food was fine even in the buffet. We were served 3 Lobster tails each on Formal night and the piece of Baked Alaska filled my plate! Did you return anything and request another meal? Service was off some, but they have cut backs too. We feel Princess offers the best variety and caliber of entertainment afloat for the money. Obviously you can't please everyone, but they have so much variety that there is bound to be something that you could have enjoyed. What other cruise lines have you tried?
Old April 16th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Mark D.

Gordon you must be mistaking the no so Grand Princess which gives a tour of Coney Island and is not related to the P&O Princess. They offer chicken fingers and chips and the cheesy radio is the only entertainment. I think anyone else who actually sailed the real "Grand Princess" would agree with me.

Good luck in the future (even though I doubt you will ever be happy),

Mark D.
Old April 20th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Lady Jag

How sad. We've been on the Grand once, had such a great time, great food and good service that we had to book it again. We're leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait. Your experience is the first I have ever heard that was bad. Hope your next one is better.