Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2001, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill
Default Tip for San Juan

If you are flying out of San Juan and have an afternoon departure, I would highly recommend the hotel tour Princess offers for that day. The San Juan airport is the pits! Very crowded, with nowhere to sit. You definately do not want to spend several hours there. After disembarking the ship, Princess bussed us to a nice hotel with a beach and pool. They provide towels, changing rooms, and buffet lunch. Shuttles depart for the airport ( five minutes away) starting at 2PM. If you have already paid for transfers, they will deduct $19 from the cost of your tour. This is a much nicer way to spend your last day than sitting around a noisy, crowded airport.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2001, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Tip for San Juan

Hi Jill,
I totally agree with your tip, that airport is horrible, much too small for all the cruisers alone that go through there. We did a tour the last day as well, and it sure beat sitting there!

Donnassei
Old April 3rd, 2001, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Thanks so much for this tip....San Juan can be a nightmare!
Old April 3rd, 2001, 11:49 PM
Admiral

jill,

I agree completely regarding a tour. Last Saturday, I opted for the "Old and New San Juan" tour of the city -- which arrived at the airport around 11:30 following a stop at one of the forts and a shopping stop in Old San Juan. This tour is interesting, and it's also available in conjunction with the resort hotel package for those who have really late flights.

I had no problem finding a place to sit at the airport while waiting for my flight because I'm a member of Delta's Crown Room Club. The club's lounge is much more comfortable than the waiting areas at the gates and there's an open bar serving complementary beverages to members and guests.

I'm glad to hear that you arrived home safely! Have you started planning your next cruise yet?

Norm.
Old April 4th, 2001, 10:59 PM
web

Because we had a late flight, we did the resort getaway after our cruise. We laid out by the pool, took a shower, had lunch & strolled down to the Wyndam and shopped in their boutiques- it made the return to reality a little easier.
web
Old April 6th, 2001, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

We had a great week didn't we Norm? Alas, I am back to reality and not looking at the message boards much now. Won't think about cruising again until 2002. Happy cruising to you, and may you have a wonderful time on your next voyage. It was fun meeting you and Marie.
Old April 8th, 2001, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Jill,

Why wait? I'm seeing some fantastic bargains on cruises to Europe on a discounter's site. A couple examples:

>> MV Golden Princess -- INAUGURAL VOYAGE -- London to Barcelona (12 Nights), departing 16 May -- $1245

>> MV Golden Princess -- Grand Mediterranean -- Istanbul to Barcelona (12 Nights), departing 11 June -- $1345

>> MV Golden Princess -- several other Grand Mediterranean cruises from June to September (12 nights) -- $1445 to $1495

All prices are PPDO, cruise only, and include port charges but not taxes.

These prices are too good to pass up!

Norm.
Old April 11th, 2001, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Yeh, but Norm have you priced the air to get there?