Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2001, 07:09 PM
aerotd

Default Princess Web Site

Help! Has anyone been able to use the Princess web site to check tours and send in their pre-cruise information. I have finally gotten my web browser settings so I can get into the web site but, it always tells me I cannot access the booking information. I've called Princess several times but they never have an answer. I just want to be able to print out the list of tours available so we can have time to figure out what we want to do. I've asked Princess to mail me the booklet but they won't until we are 30 days from sailing. I need to know now how much $$ I need to save to do the tours I want. We will be doing some tours on our own but woudl like the Princess list as a proice comparison and an idea of what is available in each port. We are doing the 13 day Alaska cruise-tour to Mt McKinley and Fairbanks in June form Vancouver. Any ideas or does someone have this listing they could email to me.

Thanks,
Beth
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2001, 08:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Re: Princess Web Site

Hi Beth...Even though we're not going on a cruise to Alaska, we are sailing on the Grand Princes to the Western Caribbean on May 20th. I have used the Princess website to check on our trip confirmation, fill out immigration forms, list our credit card for ship charges ahead of time, and book shore excursions. Normally, their website doesn't allow for any advance shore excurison bookings until about 60 days before the sail date, which I'm sure you're aware of, and sometimes like with our cruise, they didn't allow us to get through until 54 days before sailing.

The other thing we weren't too happy about is that there is no description of each shore excursion. Just a title which doesn't do any good if someone isn't already familiar with that particular tour. So as you mentioned, until you receive a book from them which is almost impossible to get, it is hard to know what to book on-line. I am going to check with my travel agent to see if she can help.

Have a great trip. Hope some of this helped.

Dave
Old April 5th, 2001, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would have to agree with you. I was recently very frustrated trying to access our booking via the Princess web site. It would onnly work about ten percent of the time as it would not load in properly. It definitely needs improvement.

Michael
Old April 5th, 2001, 08:41 PM
First Mate

I can't access it at all because we are on 3 back-to-backs and it is not setup to access linked bookings. Have to wait for the Adventures Ashore booklets to arrive in the mail from TA and then mail them back to princess. So far I have the Panama Canal & Mexican Riviera, but still waiting for the Coastal.

I'm not that worried about getting the shore excursions because they're overpriced and I have arranged some on my own - any we sent in to Princess for and don't get we will 'do ourselves' when we arrive.
Old April 5th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wee are going on the Golden Med cruise June 9 and got our packages yesterday, Apr. 4 with all the shore excursions listed in a beautiful brochure with descriptions and prices. We have gotten into the Princess website (under Captains Circle) and are booked with all our information, immigration, credit card, cabin assignments, dining preference, everything that they require which will expidite boarding. Happy cruising. Helen.
Old April 6th, 2001, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Do you have a fax machiene? If so, maybe if you call Princess they would fax you shore excursion info. Carnival does this. Give it a try.
Old April 6th, 2001, 08:24 AM
First Mate

Hi Beth...

Unfortunately, the information on the Web site is vitually useless even when you can access it. It is only for online booking after you have looked over the brochure and made your decision. As someone mentioned, it only show the excusions, times and prices... no descriptions.

If I may suggest, touch base with your TA. Perhaps the TA has a copy of the excursions brochure in the office, or if they have a recent ticket package for the same cruise that the TA hasn't delivered, maybe you could take a peak at that.

Or maybe someone here may have one they could share with you.

Good luck and smooth sailing. Headed out for the Grand Princess Sunday.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://tv.acmecity.com/madefortv/91/loveboat.mid" volume=-800>
Old April 6th, 2001, 09:42 AM
cgb

There is a website cruisenewsdaily.com which gives good descriptions of several different excursions. We aren't sailing until Dec. on the Golden but I am already researching everything I can find. I believe you will find this site helpful. Also I've read several posts that indicate even if you do all of your registration information online, still fill out all of your paperwork that arrives in your cruise packet. That way you won't have a delay in getting on the ship if for some reason all your info doesn't show. I have registered online already but plan to fill out all the paperwork anyway. Enjoy your cruise!!

Cindy B.
Old April 6th, 2001, 11:31 AM
eeinusa

If you have a fax machine, I can fax you the brochure information I received for Alaska. You can email your fax # to me at eerkun@yahoo.com. The brochure is in color, so I'm not sure how well it will fax, but it might be worth a try.
Old April 6th, 2001, 03:48 PM
First Mate

Good show "Double E"... I knew someone would come through on this board. What a nice bunch of folks that sail on Princess and post here.

Bob "MacTarheel"

Old April 6th, 2001, 04:35 PM
aerotd

Thanks Guys,

The dailycruisenews web site wa sgreat. they have a copy of the tour booklet from 1999 that i printed out. i know the prices will be off and some trips may be a little different but it will at least give us some ideas. now i just need to figure out the budget. darn. i wish we could do all the tours we want and not have to worry about the cost.
Old April 8th, 2001, 08:49 PM
Admiral

aerotd,

There are two caveats to logging into the Princess web site. The first is that it won't work until either your travel agent or Princess's staff enters the booking into Princess's computer and provides you with the booking number, as your booking number acts as a password. The second is that you have to enter your name exactly as it appears on the booking itself.

Princess's timetable for sending out information has changed somewhat. When I took my first cruise three years ago, everything came in a single package about three or four weeks before sailing. Now, there are two packages.

>> The first package contains an "Adventures Ashore" booklet describing all of the shore excursions, a "Cruise Answerbook" containing information about dress codes and other matters of policy, some additional information on things like tuxedo rentals and emergency contact aboard ship, and some forms (immigration, passenger survey, shore excursion reservation, etc.) that you can either fill out and submit or instead submit the information on line. This package usually arrives about sixty days before sailing.

>> The second package contains your tickets and baggage tags. This package should arrive three to four weeks before sailing.

There's plenty of time to reserve shore excursions after you receive the first package, so don't worry about trying to get ahead of the system. Your name, as entered into the system, and your booking number will appear on the various forms.

When I first tried to log into the system to enter my information for a cruise last fall, I had considerable difficulty logging in. When I finally succeeded, I did post a message to Princess explaining that it took several tries and suggesting that they might need more server bandwidth. When I used the system for the second time a couple months ago, it worked fine.

If you have trouble logging in after you get the paperwork with your booking information, just (1) try again later and (2) post a comment to Princess about the earlier difficulties when you do get through. If enough of us do this, the company will be able to isolate and to correct whatever problems may exist in the system.

Thinking out loud, it would not be a bad idea to include comments about making the descriptions of shore excursions available on line. It probably would be best to put such information outside the booking area so that prospective customers can use it in choosing their preferred itineraries.

Norm.
Old April 8th, 2001, 09:20 PM
McGlumphy

Hi Beth and Dave - -

My wife and I are sailing the Western Caribbean on the Grand Princess on May 6. Our travel agent was the one who sent us a very nice book regarding all the shore excursions offered on our cruise. We had to submit our choices by this past Friday (around 30 days prior to sailing). We weren't successful using the website so we just faxed in our choices. We really wanted to swim with the dolphins but that one was already sold out.

Dave, have you sailed on the Grand before? We went to the Eastern Caribbean on the Grand last year and we had such an awesome time that we booked our May 6th cruise not long after our first cruise was finished. I've always heard that you meet the nicest people on a cruise. My wife and I felt sortof alone at first but we were seated with the greatest people at dinner. None of the couples ever tried any of the other restaurants because we all had such a good time together. As a matter of fact, two out of the other three couples will be joining us on next month's cruise. We are very excited.

Thanks for all the good information. If you want to chat about cruising or if I can be of any other help, please write to me at mcgluro@vssp.com.

Thank you and have a great cruise!
Old April 9th, 2001, 10:33 AM
B. Arman

Dear Ms. Helen,

We are a tourism and port agent located in Turkey.

You will sail with Golden on June 9th.

Why don't you think about a getting private tour with your friends with great deals on Kusadasi and Istanbul?

Please, make request for our many different types of shore excursions on Istanbul and Kusadasi.

For example : Our Half day Ephessus tour price is (includes entrance, parking fee, minivan, guide who is guiding very well English) is
96 $ for 4 pax. !(24 $ per person )

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Burak Arman
www.imtatravel.com
adam_brk@yahoo.com

Old April 9th, 2001, 07:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why doesn't someone post the info about excursions on a web site. Is the info a big secret or something??? Princess would probably do themselves better by posting it on their site. They post everything else there!
Old April 9th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Yeoman

I am going on the June 2nd Glacier trip. I too was impatient to see what tours are
available. I typed cruise excursions on the search engine and came up with some good web sites that pretty much mirrored the booklet that just came in the mail. It also gave price list. One or two of the excursions were $10.00 more when I actually received the tour booklet but it gave me a good idea and I was able to book my excusions based on what I read on the web site.

Carol
Old April 10th, 2001, 03:47 AM
B. Arman

Dear Pete,

If you want, I can send the excursions and costs but At this board We have only one chance for attach something.

We have min. 15 different excursions for Istanbul and Turkey.

If you make request why not??? Also, you can examine the cost difference between us and PRƯNCESS.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Burak Arman
www.imtatravel.com