Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2001, 09:35 AM
First Mate

Default Princess' Patisserie Hours?

We will be sailing on the Ocean Princess in three weeks and I love my coffee in the morning, but can't stand that vile brew the Horizon Court trys to pass off as the real thing. Someone said the Patisserie has real stuff and I was planning to get it there, however, I get up at 5 AM and don't think it will be open that early. Does anyone know the Patisserie's hours? Maybe I'll have to take a thermos or insulated caraffe and fill up the night before.
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Princess' Patisserie Hours?

Bumble Bee

We just got back last Sunday from the Ocean Princess and I still have the little card with all of the restaurant hours of operation. It says Patisserie Bar 7 am to 11 pm, although I think you pay for the coffees there. The coffee in Horizon Court was thick and black, so I would always tone it down with about 40 per cent hot water. Then three creams would make it pretty good.
Old April 7th, 2001, 09:51 PM
First Mate

Thanks Michael.... I think maybe I'll buy a little 4-cup machine to take with me.
Old April 9th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Admiral

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. They are no bigger than a hair dryer which Princess has onboard. Don'f forget your insulated coffee mugs too! On the Grand, I found the coffee to be fine and do drink it black. I definetly did not think it was instant, but having your coffee conveniently located in your cabin sounds like it will work for you.
Bon Voyage
Old April 9th, 2001, 02:17 PM
Admiral

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. The individual coffee makers are no bigger than a hair dryer which Princess has onboard. Don't forget your insulated coffee mugs too! On the Grand, I found the coffee to be fine and I do drink it black. I definetly did not think it was instant, but having your coffee conveniently located in your cabin sounds like it will work for you.
Bon Voyage
Old April 10th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Jody Brown

On the Sea Princess three weeks ago we didn't have to pay for the regular coffee at the Patisserie. It was much better than the 'goo' they served in the Horizon court.
Actually on the coffee pot subject (this takes some work and it cost me $5 at the local Cub food store), I bought a Malita (name mispelled?) that you can make a 16 oz cup of coffee without a plug in pot. It's a 16 oz cup with a special slide on top (looks like a smaller version of the brewing part of a regular coffee pot) that you put in a small filter (#2 or #4), then your coffee, then hot water (I got this from the horizon court). The water 'swirls' around in the top 'gizmo' and it takes about 2 minutes to cycle down. The coffee was excellent and got me through the morning until the Patisserie opened up!
fun,fun,fun,
JBrown
Old April 11th, 2001, 05:46 PM
First Mate

Thanks, that sounds good ... I will see if I can find one here.