Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Yeoman

Default 6/3/01 sailing on the grand w/teenagers

We are taking our daughters on their first cruise June 3rd on the Grand. They are ages 14 & 16. They are very excited and hope to meet other teenagers. Anyone going that week with teenagers? Also, what shore excursions on the Western Car. route would interest them? They are both athletic and in sports. Also, what shows would be good for them to see? Can't wait to go. In fact, my parents just decided to join us!
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 6/3/01 sailing on the grand w/teenagers

Cathy,

At Princess Cays, go ashore and join in the fun. Princess throws a great beach party and barbecue lunch that your teens are sure to enjoy!

In Grand Cayman, Stingray City seems to be very popular for families with teens. A day on Seven Mile Beach is another option; there's no organized excursion but it's just a short taxi ride away from the pier and there are facilites where you can rent lockers.

In Cozumel, the tour that combines the Mexican cultural show (which is one of the best that I have seen) with the visit to the Mayan ruins at San Gervasio would be a good choice, and it would leave some time for other activities on your own. They probably also would enjoy the visit to Tulum, but it is a full day (and be sure to bring a large bottle of water from the ship for each person if you go to Tulum and to drink from it frequently to prevent dehydration because the climate is very hot there).

I can't make any recommendations on Costa Maya because it's a brand new port of call that replaces Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on the Western Caribbean itinerary.

Your teenagers probably would be "Wowed" by just about any of Princess's production shows, as well as some of the headliners.

Norm.
Old April 21st, 2001, 11:46 AM
Michael Munday

Default Re: 6/3/01 sailing on the grand w/teenagers

I have one boy 17 and one boy 14 that is going. Early seating dinner as they complained last time they missed the kids activities with the late sitting.we have been on the ship twice before, your kids will love it.Oskidunker@aol.com