Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Michael Munday

Default pre registering via internet

I filled out all the passport numbers, emergency contacts etc for all of us. The question is, what happens now? Has anyone done this? Do they send me computer filled out imigration or boarding cards so I don't have to do it again or do they just have it stored in their computer. I hate filling out those forms and would like to think this will work.

Please email me at oskidunker@aol.com if you have done this.
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2001, 04:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: pre registering via internet

Hi Michael...

I can speak from personal experience boarding the Grand Princess at Port Everglades on April 8, 2001.

Since you have completed the online pre-cruise registration, you will find that all of this information will come <u>pre-printed</u> on your cruise tickets when you get the package. They will include some letter size white pre-cruise documents which are duplicates of this same information. It is not necessary to complete these and mail them in as the accompanying letter indicates since you have already done it online. I would recommend taking them with you JUST to be on the safe side in case the computer "burps" or something.

The only immigration form that is not included is the IBM card size Bahamas Immigration form. They will give that form if you do not already have one as you enter the check-in area at the dock. Then you have to stop and complete one for each passenger. I suggest that you have your TA get these for you and complete them at home.

This Bahamas Immigration form and Princess's failure to provide them has been a source of irritation to me and some other passengers and travel agents. I actually talked at some length with Commodore Moulin, the Master In Charge of the Grand Princess, during our dinner with him. As it turns out, he was already very aware of the problem both from Princess's relationship to its customers and with the Bahamian government. He said that the Bahamian government is working in the 19th century and that he has explained to them on numerous occasions that he can provide a computer printout with every piece of immigration information that they need. The Commodore indicated that he and the Princess corporate offices are aware of the problem and inconvenience that this is causing and that there WILL be a solution VERY soon.

Commodore Moulin said that it is not too far in the distant future that the passengers will no longer go through check-in at all. You will walk directly onto the ship. Now that will be COOL!

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://members.tripod.com/~ProfessorPo/fineday.mid" volume=-700>
Old April 19th, 2001, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Hi Bob...I hate to sound stupid, but the Bahamas immigration form that you said doesn't come with documents mailed to me or my travel agency is only for travel to the Bahama's??? Or is that form for all sailings to the Caribbean?

We are going to the Western Caribbean on the Grand Princess, May 20th. I completed everything on-line from immigration to shipboard credit card info. I also received a packet with the same information in the mail as a confirmation. So I was wondering if there is anything else I should ask for before we get to the ship or if we're alright until then.

Thanks for your help.

Dave
Old April 19th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Dave,

The Bahamas immigration form is only for travel to the Bahamas. No other nation in the Caribbean requires it. (Most Caribbean nations and territories consist of one or two major islands and the nearby cays or islets, though a few are a bit larger).

Norm.
Old April 19th, 2001, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Micheal,

If you submit the immigration and emergency contact information before Princess prints your cruise ticket, the information will appear on one of the blue cards in your cruise ticket book. In that case, all you have to do is to sign the card when you check in for your cruise.

If the immigration and emergency contact information does not appear on the proper card in your cruise ticket, you will have to fill out the multipart immigration and emergency contact form before embarkation.

Norm.
Old April 20th, 2001, 07:29 AM
First Mate

Hey Dave...

Trust me... your question is <u>not</u> stupid... perhaps my long-winded dissertation was.

As Norm indicated, the Bahamas Immigration form is only required for a stop at one the islands in the Bahamas. Since you will be traveling on the Western Caribbean itinerary on the Grand Princess, one of your ports will be Princess Cays which is located on Eleuthera Island in the <u>Bahamas</u>. You will be required to complete the Bahamas Immigration form (see attached) before boarding the Grand.

As I indicated in my previous post, Princess is working with the Bahamian government to eliminate this form, so perhaps you will not have to deal with it at all. In the meantime, if you wish to save a few minutes at the dock so that you can rush right to the Horizon Court and begin the feeding frenzy <he,he,he>, I would get the forms from your TA and complete them ahead of time. You will need one for each person in you party.

You will find that the embarkation onto the Grand is fast, smooth and nearly flawless. Just have your cruise tickets, passports or photo IDs, and credit card handy and you will zip right through. All you have to do now is... SMILE for the camera and have fun!

Smooth sailing.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+2 color=blue>It's more than a cruise... It's duh LUUUUUV Boat!!</font>
<BGSOUND balance=0 loop=1 src="http://tv.acmecity.com/madefortv/91/loveboat.mid" volume=-700>

Old April 20th, 2001, 10:00 AM
First Mate

Hi again Dave...

One other quick suggestion... If you have not already planned to do so, please book an excursion to Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman. It will be an experience you will never forget. I have done it both scuba diving and at the Sand Bar in waist deep water. It is one of the coolest excursions that I've ever done.

Bob "MacTarheel"
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:05 PM
Passenger

I second, third and fourth that suggestion! Sting Ray city is the ONLY excursion we book anymore and we never get tired of it. It is truly the coolest!