Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2001, 09:11 PM
First Mate

Default Neverb4cruised

I need some advice, my wife and I have never cruised before and with three children are on a budget. I had a cruise booked on the Sensation with an outside cabin. Now Ive been offered an obstructed cabin on the Grand Princess for just about the same money.. I dont think we can swing any more money for a more expensive cabin. what do you think we should do? Thanks Steve
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2001, 10:06 AM
eeinusa

Default Re: Neverb4cruised

My personal opinion is that if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in your room go with the obstructed view, but if you're like me and enjoy solitude in your cabin at times over being surrounded with people then you're not going to want to give up the view even if all you see is "water" on sea days.
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Steve,

Carnival throws a wild party. Princess throws a classy and tasteful party. Which do you prefer? And to which do you wish to introduce your children? Your call.

BTW, don't worry about the obstructed view from your cabin. There are plenty of public spaces aboard MV Grand Princess that have fantastic views with peace and quiet, like the library and the writing room -- and even the coffee bar in the atrium tends to be relatively peaceful during the daytime.

Norm.
Old April 21st, 2001, 11:02 PM
Kim's Kruises

Grand Princess can't be beat!
Old April 22nd, 2001, 08:39 AM
First Mate

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+4 color=red>DITTO!!</font>
Old April 23rd, 2001, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Me too. The kids will enjoy everything the Grand has to offer including the Virtual Reality Center and dome covered pool. You and your family may enjoy the Personal Choice dining too so you won't have to be as structured and rushed to get a family all ready for dinner. The itinerary is nice too for first timers with lots of beach and sea days offered. Let's the kids help choose something to do at each port; Princess Cays is great for snorkeling (rent equipment) or just swimming which doesn't cost a thing. On St. Thomas you could go to the aquarium or just take a taxi to Maegen's Bay. Once back in town you can stop for shopping or take the Tram up to Paradise Point right across the street from the dock. The kids will love the tram ride and the view. On St. Martin, the beach in the bay seems nice now but you could do a taxi tour if you want to experience 2 countires in one island. This could be a good geography lesson as one which will teach how people from different countries can get along and live together. There is Ft. Louis in Marigot (French Side) that the kids might love to climb up to and again, it offers a fabulous view. Once back into Phillipsburg, you again can spend some time shopping if you wish.
Bon Voyage