Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2001, 07:40 PM
Noelle

Default Grand Western Carib

My hub & I are on the Grand in early June. We just got our excursion papers and have some Cayman questions.

We are thinking of trying to do 2 excursions. While the booklet encourages this, it also says that you should leave an hour between excursions. This makes it almost impossible to do 2 tours. Is the hour necessary, or is a half hour enough?

Also, has anyone ever done a tour with Captain Crosby, Captain Marvin, or Frank's Watersports in the Caymans? (These excursions are not through Princess.)

Thanks ahead for any info! :>
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2001, 08:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Grand Western Carib

Hi Noelle...

I'm sorry that I can't answer your specific questions, perhaps someone else can. However, what ever you do chose, do <u>not</u> miss the excursion to Sting Ray City. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will never forget. Be sure to take an underwater camera.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Bob "MacTarheel"

<font face="Comic Sans MS" size=+2 color=blue>It's more than a cruise... It's duh LUUUUUV Boat!!</font>
Old April 24th, 2001, 12:22 AM
Su & Tony

About a year and a half ago we had a choice of swimming with the Sting Rays or touring the Island (to postmark a postcard out of Hell)... and see the turtule farm, the other couple that went with us went to String Ray City. After we saw their videos and pictures I wish I had done that first. Were going again on May 6th and we'll be sure not to miss it this time. Our cabbie was informative (and even took us by his brother's house??) and we had a fun day, but boy was it hot. It would have been better to be in the water. Enjoy, Su...
Old April 24th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Admiral

On Grand Cayman, because you tender (tides etc.) your timing could be off and most ships are not there from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Therefore your time ashore is shorter than you may realize. If you are considering ship's tours, I would recommend the very earliest Swim with the Sting Rays trip and an early afternoon 2nd. tour but as mentioned not to the Turtle Farm or Hell. The only other ship's tour I recommend is the Atlantis dive. Often ships have to anchor off a different shore than planned due to weather & tide conditions. If you just want to go to Seven Mile beach then take a taxi and skip going back to the ship for lunch.

Although I personally have only done ship's tours on GC, Captain Marvins and Capt. Crosby seem to be highly recommended from these cruise forum boards. But, if you need to pay in advance, you may want to be cautious just in case you can't squeeze in 2 events.
Bon Voyage